the Rift

[PRIVATE] But I have promises to keep [quest]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She always came back here. Now and again, anyway. She’d slip out of the Edge and fly over the now familiar terrain, teal eyes on the lookout for the Forest she’s come to love so much. It’s something altogether different from the trees of the Edge. It is dark and deep and beautiful. Perhaps it should be dark and deep and frightening.  The deep forest is a place to get lost, it is a place to get hurt.

But instead, she thinks of Apollo when she comes here, and she can see only beauty. Truthfully, she thinks of him in many places, and she comes here not to think of him but to look for him. Not that she’s seen that black form and blue horn in so long. Not that she thinks she is likely to ever see it again. But she still wears the ruby her gave her, plucked from the pool in the Forest that he’d shown her, around her neck. She still visits that pool like she mind find him or Zola.

Today though, it is not Apollo she finds. She’s not surprised it’s not him, but she is somewhat surprised it is anyone. Let alone someone she knows. Voices drift on the cold winter wind toward her, and the sound is familiar. Soon enough, white fur peaks through the trees, flickering as she passed behind some trees. Lyanna let out a pleasant call, not wanting to startle Erthe and her companion, before making her way through the trees that still separated.

“Erthe,” she says warmly, before turning her attention to the other girl and offering a nod. “I’m Lyanna,” she offers to the girl.  She hadn’t caught the words they’d already exchanged, and isn’t sure they really want her tagging along, though now that’s found them it seems strange to simply up and leave. Though her eyes catch sight of the gashes on Erthe’s side, and her thoughts of being an awkward tagalong disappear.

She can’t help but cock her head slightly, a silent “are you okay?” in her gaze. Though she does not ask it aloud, not wanting to pry either. Instead, she says, “Enjoying a stroll through the trees on this blustery day?”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
But I have promises to keep [quest] - by Erthë - 10-22-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: But I have promises to keep [quest] - by Lyanna - 11-07-2016, 08:37 PM