[PRIVATE] But I have promises to keep [quest]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h Ë

Under the moonlight, under your moonlit gaze
I know I'd take a million bullets, babe

It was beautiful, all of it. The trees, the snow, the flash of teal and white as Lyanna wove in and out of the trees, gradually closing in on her. When the black mare successfully cut off her path Erthë squealed in mock terror and darted to the right, laughing as she tried to put heavy trunks between herself and her friend.

"Haha no way! Catch me if you can!"

It was a game she had often played but rarely with another; on her long, lonely travels it was her shadow she had chased, or the wild deer or forest birds. Sometimes the game grew more serious when wolves or wild cats joined in, turning the chase into something altogether more sinister.

This, however, was by far the most fun she'd had in a long time. In the heat of the moment the girl forgot about her cunning objectives, forgot about quests and gods and winding trails, and for a while she reversed back into the happy, fearless foal she had been once. If her legs hurt Erthë didn't feel it; she was too busy laughing and playing to think about her limp, engrossed in the wonderful revelry that was friendship.

She only snapped out of the happy bubble when a root caught her hoof and made her trip. Staggering a little she looked up, the dazzling smile faltering as she looked around; it had suddenly gotten darker, and all around her the trees were closing in.

"Oww haha, didn't see that one... It sure has gotten dark in here. I wonder what time of day it is... can you tell?"

Glancing first at Lyanna, Erthë then turned her eyes upward and followed the arcing branches with her eyes, only now noticing just how dense they were. What little light that penetrated down to the ground was gray and indistinct, the sky blocked out so that she couldn't even make out if there were clouds or not. If darkness was falling soon... But that couldn't be, they had not been in here for that long.

Had they?

Credit

@Lyanna

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
But I have promises to keep [quest] - by Erthë - 10-22-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: But I have promises to keep [quest] - by Erthë - 11-22-2016, 02:09 PM