the Rift

[PRIVATE] But I have promises to keep [quest]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Lyanna is rarely scared. And perhaps scared is not the right word. She has faith they will make it out of here in one piece. That much does not worry her. It’s more a matter of when they are going to make it out of here. At least if they have to be lost, they are lost in a place with both food and water. Lyanna can heal any reasonable injury they have. Their lives are not in danger.

But still, they are lost. Neither can see the sky, let alone fly through the dense trees. Erthe moves a bit closer to Lyanna, the tri-colored mare flicking her ears toward the girl as she speaks. She can’t help but laugh a little, not at Erthe, but simply at the predicament they’d found themselves in. “I’m not sure I could tell you which way we came from.”

She looks around, but in the darkness, it all looks the same. Gnarled roots lying in wait to snag their hooves, low angry branches reaching out to rake against skin. But no. She’s never seen a forest like that before, and she wasn’t about to start now. Even if it was dark, even if they were lost. The forest has always been her sanctuary. Her forest, long ago in Morham. The Threshold, where she was given a second chance at life. The Deep Forest, where she’d first met Apollo. Where only moments ago her and Erthe were having a blast.

“This forest is not endless though. We just have to pick a direction and go. Hopefully we’ll start to see enough of the sky we can be sure we keep going in the same direction.” That would be the key, finding a place where they could see the sky, so they didn’t just end up going in circles. “How about that way?” She nods in a direction she thinks they might have come from, though largely, it’s just a guess.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Erthe

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
But I have promises to keep [quest] - by Erthë - 10-22-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: But I have promises to keep [quest] - by Lyanna - 02-06-2017, 04:49 PM