the Rift

[OPEN] Get Up to Get Down [Herd Quest Turn-in]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
"WHEN YOU'RE SOARING THROUGH THE AIR, I'LL BE YOUR SOLID GROUND. TAKE EVERY CHANCE YOU DARE, I'LL STILL BE THERE WHEN YOU COME BACK DOWN."

It hadn't taken me long to get used to living in the Edge.  I felt like I was doing a pretty good job of memorizing the important faces, and there were lots of others here around my age which made the adjustment even easier.  The mists had been relatively easy to get used to since the subtle glow cast by the silver on my coat seemed to burn away any mist that touched it and made the air around me glow - almost like magic!  I knew it wasn't, really, it was only a reflection - but it certainly seemed magic.  I found that my heart didn't miss the Basin, but it did miss Mama, and the clear nights where I could see the stars made me miss her the most. But life here was busy and I had little time to dwell on the melancholy that sometimes found me at night.

Today, the Edge was stirring.  At first I wondered if the Elephant man was calling another meeting and I wondered if something else had happened.  Papa seemed to know what was going on though, and my heart leapt up to my throat when Papa mentioned that we’d finally have the opportunity to meet Grandmama. Well, maybe not meet her officially, since she’d obviously be busy taking care of her herd. But in the very least see her.  

I’d spent many of my nights dreaming of what she’d be like; wondering if she looked like Papa or if she simply glowed brightly like the stars did in the night sky.  I’d find myself staring up at the moon wondering if she ever wondered about Virga and me, or if she even knew of us.  The thoughts usually abated with a sigh, as I simply filed away the thoughts to a small part of my mind reserved just for dreams and for wondering. I trusted Papa when he said we’d meet her one day, I just found myself wishing that that day would come sooner rather than later.  

Of course my knowledge of the Moon was untarnished. My worship of her was pure in that sense, and that my wonderment came not from her power but from her relationship to the Papa that I so adored.  I did wonder if Virga had similar thoughts of Grandmama, he’d seemed curious when Papa first mentioned her - but did he dream of what she looked like too? I’d have to ask him. 

I followed eagerly behind Papa, undoubtedly standing out with the evident spring in my already energetic step and the constant glow from the stars that blanketed my body and wings.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I registered that this was an important part of the politics of the herd - something that I didn’t yet understand.  However, such things were lost on me today. I practically vibrated with excitement next to Papa.

I knew there was a reason that we were staying out of the way, but I just couldn’t help myself.  ”Papa,” I practically begged, with wide eyes and dancing feet, ”Do you think we could stand a little bit closer?”

V E S P E R
image credit

Mentions @Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get Up to Get Down [Herd Quest Turn-in] - by Vesper - 10-28-2016, 12:21 AM