the Rift

[OPEN] Get Up to Get Down [Herd Quest Turn-in]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The Goddess appeared, but as with most things, she did so in her own time. This had nothing to do with the summon she received from the Elephant King as opposed to the Oracle, but because she did not plan on arriving to this little gathering unprepared. She knew the ends that the herd had been working towards, and she intended to know whether or not they had succeeded in their efforts prior to materializing before them.

And so, after gathering the information she required, she made her decision.

In a gentle plum of violet mist accompanied by star-fire points of light, the Goddess appeared. Her coat glistened, highly reflective as if the stars shone only for her, and upon her. Pupil-less silver eyes scanned the ... the rather small crowd who had gathered. Her gaze fell first upon her son, offering him a warm smile. Next she looked to the small dark creature at his side - a grandchild - and that smile deepened for a moment. She was an infinite being, and would never really think of herself as a grandmother, and despite how thinly her blood actually ran in the veins of the small child, it was there nonetheless. Next her silvery gaze fell upon Erthe as she nodded her head gently. It didn't surprise the Goddess at all that the frosty mare was here. Could the Goddess even recall a time she'd stepped down from the sky since Erthe had been born, without the girl's presence? She didn't think she could.

Then there was the King and Queen. Was there a little bit more distance between the pair than normal? Hmmm, the Goddess mused to herself, mentally counting off the number of ruling partners who hadn't worked out alongside the Elephant in the past few seasons.

"Fret not, Erthe. Is it not the King's quest that brings us all here today? I do not mind his being the voice that brings me down from the stars-" Her silvery eyes turned to Alune. Though a smile was on her face, her eyes appeared colder for a second as she spoke directly into his mind. You certainly kept your hands rather clean during this quest, Seer. It does not surprise me that it was Tembovu who had to call me down from the heavens." Her eyes narrowed, almost like a cats. I do like my men a little rough around the edges. Clean hands, do not make for interesting bed-fellows. Try to remember that, won't you? She almost purred, her eyes widening again with a cold amusement. Alune had done the bear minimum of what she had required the herd to do, while Tembovu had championed their cause. And while she would not air this dirty laundry for all the herd to hear, she hoped that coming at the summons of the King, rather than the Seer, would be enough to steer the periwinkle stallion back on track.

"Before we get right down to it-", the Goddess said outloud, smiling and casting a stare around to all assembled. I must say I found your reactions to what occurred with that nasty thicket rather interesting." Her eyes found Alune again, but this time she was smiling. "Only Alune had the good sense to merely follow orders, rather than arguing with an illusion." Now she looked to the King, who, had ultimately done what was required, but certainly had taken his time getting around to it. Most of them had, actually.

"My instructions were quite clear on that point" She almost growled, before setting her face back into a pristine mask of beauty. "Tell me King - was anything learned from these tasks? Or were they merely means to achieve the ends that you asked for?"

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get Up to Get Down [Herd Quest Turn-in] - by God of the Moon - 11-04-2016, 10:28 AM