Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg
I'm lost.

He'd come to this enlightening realization that morning, when he'd woken rather early and decided to go for a run. The sky was an odd mixture of greys and pinks, hovering just on the edge of day and night. The air was frigid and piercing, practically biting at the tips of his ears. The natives called this season Orangemoon. At home they'd called it Autumn. Either way, it was cold as fucking hell.

I'm lost, and cold too.
He'd doused himself in water from one of the fall's pools to spring himself into full attention. He'd regretted doing it immediately, as now there was literal frost gathering on the bridge of his nose.

I'm just completely lost.

Standing on a rise overlooking the whispering current of a smaller waterfall, he'd let his mind wander. Looking around at the sleeping herd, at the large variety of bodies curled in rest and awakening, he realized that he envied them. Because they knew who they were. They knew their place was here, in the Falls. He'd chosen to stay and become one of them. So why did he still feel like he didn't have a place in the world?

I'm a lost mess.

He'd seen a god. A literal god had descended upon the herd meeting to speak to the herd. Not only that, the god had appointed a new leader alongside the Czarina he'd initially encountered. This land was controlled by higher powers, and he didn't like it one bit. In his minds eye, he saw Isopia shifting the earth, creating creatures out of rock and stone. And the golden dragon that traveled with her. This land stank of magic. The air was saturated with the unimaginable. It was so different, so new , and he felt so lost.

But he had no intentions of letting that stop him. Whirling away from the crest of the waterfall, he thundered through the small stream that fed it, picking up speed as he went. He turned away from the herdlands, seeking wilder lands, perhaps even the forest where he had initially landed. He pushed himself harder and harder, letting his mind go empty as he focused on the wonderful straining of his muscles.

It had been so long since he'd done this. He'd almost forgotten why he used to wake up earlier then his fellow Guard just to feel the wind in his mane. He had always been swift, and strong; those had always been his defining characteristics. And he felt good. And he forgot, for a moment, that he was lost.

He smiled as he felt his muscles scream in agony, pushing himself until he was galloping as fast as he could. His eyes watered, the frigid air tore at his locks, but he felt truly free. It had been so long since he'd challenged himself like this. Finally, when his breath barely came and he could run no more, he slowed to a rocking canter and turned back towards the lands from where he had come.

Returning to the Falls, he was greeted by a a sight that managed to taken even his breath away. The sun was finally beginning to rise, and the sky was painted with streaks of blood red and striking pink with the ascending orange orb in the center. He felt a smile stretch across his face, watching the light streak across the land and bounce cheerfully in the fall-fed pools. The world was waking up, and he was watching it happen.

I may be lost, but at least I'm lost in a beautiful world. He remarked. The world here is so good. So different from back home. Here the world was so pure, so beautiful. Here, people lived harmoniously, despite the gods that ruled over them. Every part of this land spoke to him. He listened. He did not move, nor speak. He simply stood, silver coat blazing like embers in the light of the bright sky.

Because it was for that one moment, standing there beneath the waking world, that the lost man found himself again.

Even for that single second, Tommen finally felt happy.

anyone can come speak to Tommen. He'll probably be less ass-holey cause he's in a good mood right now. he'd better enjoy that run because it might be one of his last ;)

please tag tommen.

Messages In This Thread
'ere the sun rises - by Tommen - 10-22-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Macaria - 10-23-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Tommen - 10-24-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Macaria - 10-31-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Tommen - 11-11-2016, 04:56 PM
RE: 'ere the sun rises - by Macaria - 12-15-2016, 12:01 PM