the Rift

[OPEN] Watching you burn your bridge [Challenge watching]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

- I O N A -

The call to challenge was impossible to miss, as was the attention it garnered.  Iona, of course, was concerned about the prospect of this Mountain calling out her sister. If no one came to battle, she’d step in Aly’s place before she allowed her sister to fight such a hulking opponent. Though she didn’t want to see any herdmate step up to meet the call over something so petty, she was pleased when she saw Tembovu step forth on behalf of her sister. Iona couldn’t believe the gall of this Czarina - coming to the Edge, making demands, demanding blood as payment, refusing so much as to consider that her “logic” may be inherently flawed. Such a path was dangerous. Iona knew there were so few absolutes in this world, seeing it in such black and white colors never ended well. 

She saw Raeden appear, and shifted so as to join her fellow Specter, knowing that she could likely commiserate with the pale unicorn about the utterly ridiculous nature of the situation.  She joined Rae and gave the unicorn a sympathetic smile, shaking her head in distaste as she watched the battle unfold. It was Alune’s comments, however, that caused her attention to turn from the battle. 

Iona snapped her head around leveled her emerald gaze on Alune (who came looking like he was decked out for battle, with his fancy glass outfit and all). It was tough to get under the painted mare’s skin, and the large stallion had managed to do so easily with so few words. Impressive. Her ears flicked back upon her head as she her gaze hardened. 

“Quick to judge aren’t we, Alune?” Iona huffed, with a poorly concealed roll of the eyes. “You speak as if the Specters routinely steal useful items from the Falls. We do no such thing. The item in question belonged to an outcast who only recently joined the herd. One who didn’t have the balls to come and retrieve his item himself. But if the Czarina wishes to compromise a standing alliance all because a new member couldn’t hold on to his belongings long before he joined them, so be it. I expect that there will be a ban on all stolen goods within the Falls based on her philosophy. That’s her prerogative - not mine. And its not the way that those in my rank operate. Feel free to ask Raeden and I if you have any questions. This is our area of expertise.”  The mare hardly paused to catch her breath, and barely registered that there was another - Sacre - present. 

Iona was seething. She was sick and tired of people doubting her sister, just because she preferred healing to fighting. As if that meant she would lay down on a battlefield and allow herself to be overcome if danger were to come to the Edge. Did any of them know Alysanne? Did they bother to know the one who now bore the title of the Devoted? Who were they to doubt her? Iona had seen Alysanne tested before - she had seen her sister fight off (literal) demons. She knew what she was capable of, but why wouldn’t the others give her the same chance?  They were too busy making their own goddamn assumptions because apparently playing with glass sticks or building some glass objects somehow made you a much more able warrior than someone able to heal wounds. Iona wore the same scars as Alysanne. The ugly, hairless scars that decorated her wing joints and her neck. She’d seen her sister fight. She knew why Aly now disdained doing so. But it was no one’s fucking business but Alysanne’s and her own. 

Thankfully, before Iona could open her mouth and do any real damage, Aly was there and did a damn good job of putting Alune solidly in his place. Iona moved to her sister’s side, offering her a reassuring bump to the wing before she turned to Sacre, finally calm enough to recognize that she did agree with most of what Sacre had said. “Sounds like there was a better way and the Czarina still chose violence. What a waste,” she said, casting a glance Aly’s way.  Iona just sighed, frustrated and irritated by the whole situation. She then whispered to her sister, hoping to keep her voice low enough for Aly only, “I’m glad you’re here. I think I was about to kill your Seer, or in the very least break his outfit.”

image credit

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watching you burn your bridge [Challenge watching] - by Iona - 11-06-2016, 12:52 AM