the Rift

[OPEN] Watching you burn your bridge [Challenge watching]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
"Sacre!" I exclaimed happily despite the situation I had found myself in. With all of the bickering and animosity between the other herd members I thought it was nice to have someone beside me that seemed just as worried and concerned as I was. His shoulder brushed against mine and I turned me head, extending my neck to brush my muzzle against his cheek. "It's good to see you again, Sacre. I just wish it was under better circumstances." I glanced around the gathering, frowning. I just couldn't understand what the big deal was about challenging to take an item back that had been stolen from a herd member, even if he had been an outcast when it had been stolen. 

I looked back at Isopia and Tembovu when Sacre asked who she was. "The Mountain that Knows." I answered, my head tilting slightly. "Together we rule over the Hidden Falls." I knew my promotion would probably come as a surprise to Sacre because Archibald had ruled over the Falls for so long. "Do you think this could end our alliance?"My voice had dropped down low so that only Sacre would be able to hear me. "Isn't it natural to challenge for an item back?" I felt like that if the Edge did end our alliance because of this that it would mainly be because of their greed at not wanting to lose something they had stolen in the first place.

"War?!"

Zero's voice had me turning, my ears pricked forward. I felt guilty that I hadn't been paying much attention to him before because I'd been too intent on watching Isopia, but now I bid Sacre farewell and joined Zero. "I agree that war seems a bit extreme." I agreed. "If the roles were reversed and Tembovu were challenging us to have an item returned would you not be cheering for your King and hopeful that he returned was was once rightfully yours?" I asked. "I can assure you that if that were the case we would not consider war nor would we want to undo an alliance that has stood for many seasons." Of course I was never one to hold petty grudges over items, but I couldn't say the same for the individuals that resided within the Falls. So far they seemed petty and greedy to me so it would not surprise me if they did end our alliance.

Another mare, a small white hybrid spoke and I listened to her. She had a lot to say, but the thing that made the most sense was that it would be silly to start a war over a trinket. Everything else didn't seem to make a lot of sense and judging by Zero's what he felt the same way. I stared at her for a moment before turning my gaze to Alysanne. "Hello, Lady Alysanne." I greeted the other mare. "The last time we met I came as a Mason, now I come as Czarina. I do hope that we can resolve any hard feelings that may linger after this challenge is concluded."

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watching you burn your bridge [Challenge watching] - by Ranjiri - 11-13-2016, 09:32 PM