the Rift

[PRIVATE] Synonyms for hypocrite

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

I won’t attack you,” she calls, my gaze narrowing suspiciously despite the words she shouts down the beach towards me. Her next words do very little to ease my general wariness towards her, and so I, for a time, anyway, simply stare her down from my safe distance.

The arrival of her dragon across the short expanse is almost expected, especially when Duir cheerfully blurts a horribly loud deer greeting to the bronze’s almost eloquent song. Trotting ahead of me some paces to intercept the dragon while still near enough to me (in case he needs a meat shield), his metallic hooves dance beneath him, forest eyes turned upwards to watch the royal dragon’s flight happily.

I wonder if the dragon woman’s soul has such conflicting emotions roiling through it as my own, and find it probable she does. I, myself, have very little desire to “make friends” with someone who attacked me, even if it does seem she’s apologizing, while my companion is delighted to meet with Hubris again. Duir’s ability to have already forgiven the woman is not as infectious as his desire to be happy, however, and so I give into the conversation with a begrudging scowl.

"Why’d you do it then?" is shot back down the beach with an elevated brow, my hooves slowly coming to life beneath me, splashing through the shallow water, and slapping against the exposed, wet sand when the tide pulls the sea away. Though it is unusual for me to trust anyone, I try to follow Duir’s example of letting the past go, even though forgiveness, generally, is not my forte.

I try my best to cover the pain in every step with my usual saunter, even managing the slightest trace of my bad humor in the lines of my expression. However, I’m moving much too slowly to really be much of a convincing actor, and I’m sure she can see the bruises and ugly, scabbed skin all along my face from here, only becoming clearer the closer to her I get.

"Can’t say I’ve ever just assaulted someone for no reason," I muse aloud; the statement might mean more to her if she knew me. I had, after all, kicked an old man’s ass near to death for having a bit of a mouth. Still, there was a cause, one which I wasn’t sure she had, mostly because I didn’t even know her name.

Art by Esa82@DA

@Isopia

Messages In This Thread
Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 10-24-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 10-26-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 10-26-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 11-04-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-04-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 11-04-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Rikyn - 11-11-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Synonyms for hypocrite - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 03:38 PM