the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wandering Roots

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

made not with love but glory, and the haunting ghost of war

Neph might've shared the humor if she knew the man, or if it was someone else that was pregnant, not her. Unfortunately, it wasn't funny for her because yet again, she found herself carrying foals that their father hadn't know existed. At least this stallion wasn't dead, she grumbled to herself internally, there was still a chance for this one to at least know. If he wanted nothing to do with the children, that was also fine, she'd raised twins on her own, she could do it again.

Tilney, so that was his name? She hadn't exactly tried to predict the stallion's name, and to be honest, she had expected it to be vastly different to her own and many of the Throat's. The dappled doe described him perfectly, there wasn't much she could really add on. Tilney was the father of her children, what more could you say than that? "Yes he had a lantern on his antlers, tree marking, ginger with flaxen hair. He had eyes the colour of a spring meadow, if you're the poetic type." She added with a snorted laugh, her wings once more wrapped snuggly around her enlarged barrel. "I'm not in the business of putting it about and getting pregnant on the fly, if that's what you mean by if I'm sure. He is the father, there's no one else who could be."

The unicorn then asked her if she'd thought of names for them, and she turned her head to glance at her hidden stomach. "No, I haven't." She admitted, an ear tilted back and into her dark locks. "There is a tradition in my family, where children are named by their fathers. If the father cannot be there, they're given names in line with their father, my daughters were named in their father's tongue, and it will be the same for these." Nephele stated matter-of-factly, after this she'd been a mother of four and honestly, two had been exhausting enough. Whoever made a lifestyle of being a glorified foal-cannon would forever baffle her.

"Unfortunately, I haven't any idea of fitting names that go with Tilney. This is my last visit to the mainland, before I go back to the Dragon's Throat to give birth." This was her last chance to find the ginger stag, and while she had found out his name and a possibly family member, she was no closer really than she had been before.

talk talk talk

N E P H E L E

@aelfwine

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
Wandering Roots - by Nephele - 10-28-2016, 08:36 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Aelfwine - 11-03-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Nephele - 11-03-2016, 09:31 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Aelfwine - 11-03-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Nephele - 11-15-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Aelfwine - 11-16-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Nephele - 11-16-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Wandering Roots - by Aelfwine - 11-16-2016, 11:08 PM