the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Living In A Memory

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She always came here when she couldn't think clearly. The heather was like aromatherapy as it swayed against her knees. She remembered a time when the stalks had been up to her shoulders. Looking out in the sunset she could only sigh, letting the memories fill her mind of all the times she had come here in hopes of finding happiness. More times than not she had, but now that she thought of who was with her in those happy moments made her heart mourn for what she didn't have. Cerin was like a whisper on the wind, calling sweet nothings that teased her in her dreams; causing her to awake with hope in her eyes that he had finally returned to her. And then she could also only think of her gentle giant Vincent; the man who had nearly screamed upon their first meeting when she was but a child.

He too, was now gone; and where he was she couldn't possibly fathom. She could only pray to the Gods that Archibald was aware of where he might be. A flock of birds scattered a few feet from her, causing only a mild bat of her eyes in acknowledgement before her attention was back to the colored horizon. How beautiful and serene it really could be, even when you were at the lowest point of your life. Which was where Myrrine was at right now. But she didn't want to think about that; because that meant she had failed herself along with her daughter who she hadn't seen in months. The beautiful butterfly-child had most likely left her be because she hadn't really been a mother anyway; how could she claim to be now when her child was nearly grown. Snorting, she wondered if she should try to fly again like old times sake. This was where she had tried the act for the first time; not too long after she had discovered she now had wings she could use.

As she lined up to prepare for take off she couldn't help but also think about how she had acquired the beautiful striped wings in the first place. It was now like a haze in her mind as her black legs were carrying her swiftly forward, but it was still something she could never forget. Leaving Mother for only a little while, chasing after some woodland creature she wanted to play with. Looking back at it now her jaded maturity wanted to bitterly laugh at younger Myrrine, to tell her she was stupid for being so happy about the most minuscule of things. Because at the end of the day they were truly meaningless. Had she not decided to chase something, to wander so far away; she wouldn't have come across the portal that ultimately changed her life forever. She would have still had Mother, would have lived the life as just a normal equine, and then she wouldn't have met Quilyan and given herself away to him like a slut that resulted in something she didn't-

She stopped her train of thought before it could continue. This resulted in her losing concentration just as she had been about to take off; causing her to lose balance in midair and crash down into the grasses below. Although it wasn't too bad of a fall, she still had managed to scuff up a few knees and the left side of her cheek. But this was the last thing on her mind as the tears were falling effortlessly; mixing with dirt and blood and making her look quite the mess. Her heart hurt, she was crying loudly and gasping for breath with each sob that wracked her dainty frame. It didn't stop, and she didn't know when it would, and all she could do was wail into the ground and murmur to herself again and again: 
"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry..."

"Speak"

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Graasvoel
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 10-30-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Graasvoel - 11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Myrrine - 11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: I'm Living In A Memory - by Graasvoel - 11-29-2016, 01:49 PM