the Rift

[OPEN] Seal You Later!

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

While Vastra was having a bit of a crisis, so was her brother. Occasionally they showed up in the same spot and it always felt like an absolute miracle when it happened. And here he was, throwing himself into the shallow water and whining about how he had lost her again. Her? Oh! “CAS!” Only, the first time she tried to call out to him it came out as more of a squeaky bark or yelp. Well, she had certainly never made that that noise before. Vastra balked at herself and felt understandably stunned for a moment, forgetting to paddle her flippers and she sunk for an instant in the shallow water - letting the warm waves crash over her head as she wondered whether she could even communicate as a seal. Did her vocal chords change?  

Recovering, she resurfaced, blowing bubbles as she sighed on her way up, and discovered that there was a black and silver filly standing near her brother. Who was that? It took Vastra a minute to realize that when the filly said ‘I wonder what it is’ she was asking about her because she was a seal.

Right, okay.

“Cas it’s me!” This second attempt at talking was a little more successful and she hoped that they would be able to understand her. And then her wide eyes looked to the filly. “I think I’m a seal but I’m also.. Or was his sister. Vastra.”

She was still a little fuzzy on whether she was still his sister if she was a seal. She slapped her flippers unhappily on the surface of the water as she spun around in despair. “I don’t know how to get back to being myself again.”

said goodbye to you, my friend, as the fire spread.
all that's left are your bones that will soon sink like stones.
image by ehrendi

@Castor <3

Messages In This Thread
Seal You Later! - by Vastra - 10-30-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Seal You Later! - by Castor - 10-31-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Seal You Later! - by Vesper - 10-31-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: Seal You Later! - by Vastra - 11-11-2016, 11:08 PM