the Rift

[OPEN] low lays the devil

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Perhaps her pride began to deflate as the badger marked woman spoke. She said it wasn’t her home – that she planned on returning to this Dorobo one day. At first, Kiada was skeptical, worried by chance at the idea that the woman would somehow sway her father and family to leave Helovia. After everything it had given her, she wasn’t sure she was ready to disembark on a new experience just yet. Not only that, but the empty place beside her didn’t help her anxiety some. She slightly frowned, just nodding to the child. She didn’t have much time to think about the other options, seeing as Khairi emerged from the woods with a croon of success, landing in the trees above his bonded.

Immediately, Kiada’s blue gaze (so eerily similar to her mother’s calm collected gaze) met her father’s as frustration laced within his navy gaze. You left the Edge? She nodded slowly, motioning with her charcoal marked head to the company she had brought home with her. His gaze followed, landing on Mavuto with genuine surprise. Kiada leaned back slightly on her haunches, feeling rather smug with the fact that despite she had disobeyed her father’s orders, that she had returned a long lost friend to him. Besides, she felt as though she had already done so much for the Elephant King. Now, it was time to see what he could do for her.

As Tembovu stumbled over his words, she wanted to laugh at the situation. He seemed struck. At least Mbwene had the sense to greet the champion that had recruited someone so apparently dear to her father. The elephant’s blue gaze lingered on the newcomer, yet Kiada leaned down slightly, brushing her soft pink splotched muzzle against the elephant’s trunk in means of hello and ’thanks for noticing’ despite her father’s lackluster greeting. So, she figured she should explain the turn of events for her father. Her gaze traveled up again, seeking her father’s eyes. “I left the Edge to look for Zo. I had a good reason, you know. I went to the Threshold and found Mavuto there. There were a couple of other stallions there, but when I heard her speak Dorobian, I used the lessons we’ve had and was able to calm her down and bring her to you.” She began, her gaze hardening slightly as she looked on longer. “Please don’t leave us for her.” She wanted her gaze to say. Flicking her tail against her legs, she returned her attention to Mbwene as Khairi cooed softly from above.

"Talk."

Karibu nyumbani, Mavuto. - Welcome home, Mavuto.

it was in my flaws,
I found a much deeper truth
and it is from them I bloom:
a black rose
image | coding

@Mavuto sorry it took so long! <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
low lays the devil - by Kiada - 10-30-2016, 11:02 PM