the Rift

[OPEN] GUESS WHO'S BACK

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
from the north
With Frostfall now well established in her beloved mountain home, Tiamat has spent more of her time between the medic’s cave and the greenhouse. Like some of the other seasons lately, winter appears determined to make herself known, and the amount of snow that has already accumulated within their highland herd is nearly surprising. Of course, there are numerous herbs and plants that are native to such a frigid climate, but many that they have stored from around Helovia—in the medic’s cave and the greenhouse—are quick to wilt or freeze in the thin, frosty air.

It is obvious, as her duty to the Basin people as their healer, that she must do all she can to prevent this from happening. For now she focuses on those plants stowed in the greenhouse. By its very name, the little glass structure is a haven for vegetation of all species—inside is insulated well, balmy and warm, and perfect for their development. But Tiamat stands on the outside, using her magic to move the snow that has settled on the glass roof (for fear that the ice will dangerously cool the temperature within). Wrapping the length of her lion tail around her, the Mender focuses on collecting the frozen, powdery water and sprinkling it over those plants in the garden that can withstand the cold.

The blue mare is nearly finished with her task when she hears the distant commotion—cries of joy, and the unmistakable caw of a particularly clever griffin. “Could it be?!” Tiamat gasps happily, the ball of snow she had been focusing on immediately falling apart when her attention moves elsewhere. Nimue, who had been silently investigating the herbs, is startled by her bonded’s reaction. Whistling in surprise, she floats to the ocean mare, looking up with questions in her crystal blue eyes. “It’s Johnny! He’s awake! Oh Nimue, you’re going to love him!” Tiamat nearly squeals with delight.

Not wanting to waste another second, dainty heels kick up the snow in her wake, leaping strides carrying her over the familiar terrain. In the months that he had been terribly sick, Tiamat had visited her dear friend several times. She had tried to help him as best as she could, but for all her knowledge, the cure for an illness of candy managed to elude her. She feels awful for not being able to do more for him, and is beyond excited to look into those dancing green eyes again.

When at last she diminishes the distance to his cave, Tiamat slows suddenly to a trot (slipping only once), a broad smile brightening her features. “Johnny!” She calls joyously, promptly wrapping her neck around him when she can, and pulling him close. “I’m so happy to see you up and moving about! And I’m far from the only one,” the ocean mare laughs as she casts a bright smile to his lemon drop daughter. Looking back to the little stallion, she noses him gently, her practiced eye appraising him. “How’re you feeling? Is there anything I can help you with?” She questions him eagerly while her companion, not knowing anyone here, lingers shyly behind her, peeking out with her large baby blue gaze.

notes; Hope it was okay that I said she visited him while he was sick, I can edit it! c:
Nimue reference
“Speech.”

@Johnny @Larue | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
GUESS WHO'S BACK - by Johnny - 11-02-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: GUESS WHO'S BACK - by Larue - 11-03-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: GUESS WHO'S BACK - by Johnny - 11-07-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: GUESS WHO'S BACK - by Tiamat - 11-09-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: GUESS WHO'S BACK - by Larue - 11-29-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: GUESS WHO'S BACK - by Aisling - 12-05-2016, 03:28 PM