the Rift

I got itches that scratch

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

My breath came in puffs from my nostrils, rising out in front of me in the cold. Icy eyes shifted from side to side, taking in the snow blanketed land. My home land. The place of my birth. Frostfall had obviously come quick and harsh this year, as it had everywhere else.

I knew immediately when I had returned. It felt different. It smelled different. Like there was danger lurking at every corner. Pain hiding beneath the blanket of snow, seeping deep into the blood soaked ground. I had memories here. Agonizing memories. But they had eased. Some, anyway. The time away had been good for me. Away from everything that reminded me of what had been lost. Away from the pitying stares of my peers. They where the worst. Staring, judging my malnourished body, judging how I mothered my child. But they didn't know. They would probably be lucky enough to never know.

I breath deep, and let it out in a long sigh, the cold causing my hot breath to turn cold and visible. Home. I knew not what to expect. Would I be welcomed warmly? Or outcast into the cold frostfall, to wander until I found myself a new home. I had been a terrible addition to the worlds edge. But I wanted to be more. I wanted to try again, and try harder. I needed the work, busy helped. It dulled the empty ache in my heart. But doubt clouded my mind. Would they even want me? Broken as I was. They wanted my father. Mauja the Frozen Light. He was broken too. Buried under webs of protection. Few managed to pierce the heart that lay buried in those webs.

I understood why they had been placed there though. Why he had built the wall around his heart. It was a protection mechanism. To protect from the pain in the world, since every being seemed to love and relish in the pain of others. Even the dead.

As I made my way through the threshold, I let my mind wonder on some of those I had known. Rikyn. The wry son of Illynx, who had seemed to inherit his mothers silver tongue. Erebos, the son of Deimos. Sjal, that mysterious girl who I had met a few times. My mother, my father.... Rhoa. He was who I wondered about most of all. I needed to apologize to him. For everything.

"talk talk talk talk "

@Alysanne

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Messages In This Thread
I got itches that scratch - by Glacia - 11-03-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: I got itches that scratch - by Alysanne - 11-03-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: I got itches that scratch - by Glacia - 11-03-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: I got itches that scratch - by Alysanne - 11-05-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: I got itches that scratch - by Glacia - 11-08-2016, 03:23 PM