the Rift

[OPEN] Shelter

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Under the intense stare of the pegasus gray eyes Erthë had to fight not to twist uncomfortably. Refusing to let the unease she felt at being stared at like that show, she stared back fixedly, stubborn and insistent. Something like irritation seemed to mirror her own in that unblinking glare, and in the shuffling movements of the other girl she thought herself able to detect restlessness.

As lips parted Erthë dipped her ears forward, expecting to finally hear a name, a plea, anything at all. But when all she got was an unintelligent groan, the reality of the situation finally made her features soften.

"I see. So you really can't speak. That's... I'm sorry."

She bit her lip. The situation had suddenly grown complicated, because now there was no way for her to find out who this person was or her intentions... Well one intention was clear enough, she wanted to enter the herdland... but why? To join, to speak to the leaders, to find a healer...? Maybe she was a spy sent to gather information on them, maybe she belonged to an outcast band preparing to invade - Tembovu did seem to think an attack was imminent, what with his insistence on reinforcing the border defenses, so this didn't seem too far fetched to the milky swan.

But if the girl couldn't talk, there was no way Erthë would be able to find all of this out. Which meant... A long, heavy sigh forced its way past her lips, breath so cold on its own that the chilly winter air could not freeze it, and with an expression as if she was doing something against her will the elegant young hybrid stepped around, motioning with a wing for the mute applicant to come along.

"Come on then, let's go find a leader. I'm not ranked high enough to decide on this, and they'll have my head if I turn you away. Not that I want to do that, you know, it's just that I don't necessarily trust you... It's nothing personal, I simply don't know you."

The milky white eye, magically enchanted with vision just as keen as the green one, turned back to give the nameless one a look that was as frank in its suspicion as it was sympathetic. In no way did she dislike this quiet person. That had nothing to do with it whatsoever; even if the feather-maned bird had been cheery and full of charm the young priestess would still have been leery of her intentions.

Leading the way towards the trees and the border, Erthë raised her head and neighed loudly, attempting to draw the attention of border patrols, leaders or whomever really that might be nearby. If she had to let this stranger into her home, she wanted plenty of eyes to watch over her, preferably someone who could take responsibility for any potential disasters...

Oh, how she wished she had more authority. Things would be so much easier if she could just make authorized decisions on her own.  

ERTHË
I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
Image Credits

@Ru

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-07-2016, 04:01 AM