the Rift

[OPEN] Shelter

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She can’t help but grunt at the girl’s response to ‘Feather’. It’s warranted, because it’s a terrible name. She can’t really pretend that she’s struck upon gold here. No, she’s just stolen the idea from Ru herself. Only when Ru did it, it was cute. The feather in Lyanna’s tail holds sentimental value, and it reminds Lyanna daily that she has friends here. That this is home. That this life can be a real life, and not just a place to waste away wondering what might have been. She’s been thinking about what she can ultimately do with the feather, because the haphazard way it’s tied into her tail isn’t going to last forever. Maybe she can get a string, collect a few more items. Or maybe she ties it to the gold chain (whenever she manages to find something to tie it with) that also holds her ruby. A collection of all the things that remind Lyanna this is her life now.

That maybe she matters. Even if only a little bit.

“We’ll work on it,” she says, returning Ru’s light and amused grin. “At least until we figure out how to find out your name.” She pauses for a moment, turning her attention to Erthe. “Are there mind readers in Helovia? Or something of the like?” She has no idea, truthfully. Magic here is different than magic in Morham had been. Though it is elemental here, no one controls the elements completely. That had been common in Morham, mastery of a particular element. Some horses were more skilled than others, but still, there was little magic besides that. There, magic seemed to be a little bit of everything.

She turns her attention back to Ru, the mare seeming interested in the idea of a job. Lyanna brightens slightly, because this she understands and can explain. She remembers Tembovu and Alysanne asking this same question when she first joined. She remembers having no idea what jobs there even were. They had explained with more patience than she probably deserved. Lyanna couldn’t say what exactly drew her to healing. Crafting also would have been interesting, or Erthe’s job as a Seer. She was no warrior, really, and no sleuth. The rather bright teal on her coat made it rather hard for her to be sneaky. And she simply didn’t like fighting, though she’d been thinking perhaps it was time for her to practice her skills again. Just in case.

“There are a number of jobs you can pick from. We have warriors, who’s primary job is to the protect the Edge, and they practice spars constantly, from what I’ve seen. Sleuths, who steal items and horses, though I believe mostly items here. But who also protect the herd’s members and items from other sleuths. Healers, who gather herbs, tend the garden, and keep the herd healthy. You’ve already seen the healing magic granted to the Moon Doctors – there are three of us total. Crafters, who craft items from glass here and work on the many herd projects and buildings you will seen around the Edge. And Seers, who collect stories and commune with the Moon Goddess. Erthe can tell you more about their ranks, since she is one of our Seer’s. Though I will admit, at least as far as I can tell, it seems like a job you would need a voice for.” She says this kindly, and without pity. It is offered like a fact, in the same way she would say she is not cut out to be a warrior. Everyone has their strengths, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

She pauses for a moment, turning her attention to Erthe. “Is there anything I’m missing?” Lyanna waits for Erthe to reply, giving any more useful information that Lyanna may have left out, particularly on the Seer ranks. She is not, truthfully, all that familiar with that Alune and Erthe do. When Erthe is done, she turns her attention back to Ru. “Do any of those sound like something you’d want to do?” She pauses for a moment before going on, pausing between each of the next words to give Ru a chance to say yes or no to each. “Warrior? Sleuth? Healer? Crafter? Seer?

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Sorry Erthe, I jumped ahead, but I had train time and working wifi and wanted to take advantage. :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-07-2016, 04:01 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Shelter - by Lyanna - 11-07-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-08-2016, 03:13 AM