the Rift

[OPEN] Shelter

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She isn’t sure there’s much of a difference between serving the herd and serving her own self-interests. There is, certainly, some difference. There are certainly days where she would rather disappear in the Deep Forest or the clouds than make sure all the various births were going smoothly, or whatever might call to their attention. But even on those days, she enjoys her job. Doesn’t necessarily mind giving up a few hours of flying to make sure new children are welcomed into this world safely and soundly. In the end, she finds it rewarding, finds that the joy that swells in her chest at helping is as good as the joy she finds in the woods or the sky.

She doesn’t serve the Edge blindly. There is too much she doesn’t know, though she’s never been given an order that she disagreed with. For now, she trusts her King and Queen though, and she trusts their judgment. But she’s knows this may not always be the case. She knows one day she might be asked to do something she does not agree with, and she may choose her own beliefs and interests over what she is supposed to do for the herd. Hopefully, that day never comes, but having lived in the world of politics long enough, she knows it might.

Ru seems excited by almost everything Lyanna says, though when Lyanna pauses after warrior, the girl makes it clear this is her first choice. “Our highest ranking members of the army are Nyx and Elsa, I believe, though there are other warriors who can help you as well. If you would like me to help you find them, let me know.” Not that she even knows all the warriors here, but she could help figure it out at any rate. “And if you’d like to learn more about any of the other jobs, most everyone here is willing to teach. I’d be happy to show you the gardens and teach you about herbs, if such a thing ever interests you.”

She pauses, trying to think if there’s anything else she should add, but for now, it seems like enough information. “Is there anything you need from me now?” she pauses, waiting for a yes or no, before continuing. “Or I can leave you alone if you’d like to explore and find your way.” Because sometimes, you just need to find your own feet.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Ru - sorry for the wait! We can end it here, if you want, and they can meet up again soon. But happy to continue if you have more :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-07-2016, 04:01 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Shelter - by Lyanna - 11-07-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-08-2016, 03:13 AM