the Rift

[OPEN] Shelter

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
HOLD MY HAND AGAINST THE NIGHT

SHOW ME ALL THE DEMONS LEFT TO FIGHT:

Ru does her best to absorb all there is to listen to. Unfamiliar names that taint the air with importance, which repeat into the girl’s mind for the sake of retention. Their echo presses into her memory, hopefully locked, neatly placed for future encounters. Although she was hard pressed to say such a name. A description would have been more suitable. Nonetheless the girl is relentless, and she accepts the challenge of finding these individuals on her own. There is only so much Lyanna can provide, that she can offer before Ru insisted on tearing away and treading her own path. Simply for the right of owning her own worth, in a world, in a home that knew very little of what she could do or be.

“… If you would like me to help you find them, let me know.”

And with the first bit of dialogue crossed between them, she shakes her head to decline. She must accept the fact that she is no longer a child seeking love, security and endless grace. But holds on to the tether that she has found a friend in Lyanna. That is, if she can repay all that she had done.

But she offers what Ru has been seeking for. At least a part of it; knowledge – the opportunity to expand her mind with more than the fury and bloodlust of battle. Something to counter the anxiety, and the pain that came with physical exhaustion, of teeth and wounds, and the fear of failure looming behind her. Something that is different, and valuable – the winged mare nods with an enthusiastic chirp to her lips.

Yes, certainly! She smiles with the thought.

As for the rest, the girl is certain she can manage on her own. But the lingering thought of Lyanna’s assistance burns a steady reminder within the girl. That she must repay her somehow in the future.

“Is there anything you need from me now?”

She shakes her head, - no, I’m good for now.

And a nod –

“… explore and find your way.” - yes, thank you… She releases a trill from her throat, a warm, rolling click. Appreciative, as she approaches to nudge Lyanna’s shoulder; and despite all that has transpired throughout the course of the day, Ru finds herself a little more hopeful.

As she pulls away she clicks underneath her tongue, and grins as she runs off into the Edge. For a moment the fatigue pulls away as the cold begins to shake off. Long enough for the girl’s soul to soar and wrap around the possibility of attaining her childish dreams.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
musonart!

@Lyanna    -- I'm happy wrapping it up here. :3 But I'd love to thread them in the gardens; I'll have a post up soonish :)
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Messages In This Thread
Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-06-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-07-2016, 04:01 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Shelter - by Lyanna - 11-07-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Shelter - by Ru - 11-08-2016, 03:13 AM
RE: Shelter - by Erthë - 11-08-2016, 03:40 AM