the Rift

The Flames Burn On

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
Sunjata

The sands which had previously been so quiet, now erupted. The blue jay continued to wander the sands, still rarely encountering anyone. Perhaps it was poor timing for the man, but nevertheless, it made sense for a herd to be full of people (especially ones that lived on an island of all places), so he was surprised by the fact that he had spent at least almost a season here and still not met any leads of any sort – aside from the equine of course. Still, the Gladiator seemed to prove his worth to the Pegasus – proving that his racial angst was perhaps placed at the wrong beasts this whole time.

So when a commotion began on the sands, his oceanic gaze didn’t miss it. Steadily, his hooves carried him over the sand colored opposite of his pelt as creatures came into view – some had begun to prepare for fighting. And then some orange hybrid decided to fly into the sky calling for the gods help. He could barely refrain from rolling his eyes at the acts. He listened to what they had said from his approach, and despite all that, he allowed his gaze to land on the one that spoke as lead. A unicorn, rough and ragged, and perhaps it bothered him more seeing her in such a state. He remembered his father and mother, and how if anything else they’d rather be caught dead than speaking to the herd in such a state.

As he approached, he shook his head and took in everyone around him. “It appears you are in need of a second lead?” He began, making sure he was clarified as he glanced around those gathered – mainly Pegasi despite the few unicorns and equines present. “Why not your Gladiator?” He shifted his weight, wings folding loosely across his spine as he lifted his ink marked head. “As far as I know he’s the only one actually doing anything around here. I’ve nearly been here a season after he recruited me and the only faces I’ve seen since then have been his and a child. So what are you all doing about it either?” His tone was full of boredom, nothing sparked aggression and frustration. He was simply tired of being in a place that was vulnerable. He already witnessed enough with the invasion of his kind.

He paused, once again, surveying the group. “We’re all standing here bickering like children when we could be solving things easily. Who has been the most active, the forefront of the herd in getting things done? It should be them. Someone you can count on. As far as I know – granted I haven’t been here long – it appears as though Volterra is the one.” Then, before anyone could say anything, he remembered what Volterra said as he reached the sands of the Throat – of how the herd didn’t seem to take kindly to equines. “Don’t tell me that it’s because he’s not one of us. He lives among you, works for you, and how do you treat him? At least let the man try or something.” His voice was gruff, full of the foreign accent of Korofi as he stepped back to see what kind of reaction his words held.

"Talk."

image | bckg

tldr; Sunjata suggests Volterra for the second spot.

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
The Flames Burn On - by Nephele - 11-08-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Jude - 11-08-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Ampere - 11-08-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Sohalia - 11-08-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Tae - 11-08-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Cera - 11-08-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Volterra - 11-08-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Sikeax - 11-08-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Hector - 11-08-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: The Flames Burn On - by Iskra - 11-08-2016, 10:50 PM