[PRIVATE] Burning house

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

tae
,eivom kcochctiH a fo dne eht m'I
gnivieced tol a dna krad elttil A

As her mother landed, hope flickered in Tae’s pale gaze. However there was no pelt draped over her mother’s muscular back, no smile on her face. No hope at all. Tae’s body ghosted-apart as it was want to do when her emotions ran high, only now that she was no longer a filly, the effect was much more dramatic as there was more body to bleed away. For once, the girl was glad that her twin wasn’t here. Grusha only served to fuel the fires of her mind and soul, and this was one time Tae suspected she needed to remain calm and rational. Something was very wrong in the Throat, and despite her relative  newness to the world of the adults, she had always been a watchful child, and knew that without the strength of someone like her Father, they would have to be smart. Only Gaucho could get away with that sort of emotionally-charged decision making, because he had the brawn to back it up. And the herd, she thought angrily, ears against her skull. But maybe we have that too…

Tae nodded glumly, meaning to say more, but suddenly Aithniel was with them. The mandible-marked mare’s body whisped away again, making her look fully ghost, as the demi-goddess joined them. Tae felt a sort of bizarre reverence for the ashen mare. She was after all the daughter of the God to whom Tae professed her fealty, but Aithniel was impressive on her own. She would have been even more so, had Tae known the two were actually half-sisters.

“Stolen.” Tae breathed, ghostly white eyes unflinching in this judgement. My father will not see his herd fall to ruin At this, a grim smile spread across Tae’s features and she nodded, looking to Ampere. “Nor mine.” she growled, her smile turning into a wolfish snarl. A few feet away, her wolf and hellhound companions snarled as well - feeling the bloodlust stirring within Tae through their mental bond.

“Your Father placed the healer where she is now-” Tae began, hearing the criticism in Aithniel’s tone, but not wanting to implicate the mare’s Father in what she was about to say. “But not all rise to the places they are offered. What has the healer done since her promotion, other than promote an outsider, the father of her child, to of our most prized rolls? Where are our patrols? Our sleuths? My pelt would not be gone if the healer had done more than just take her prize and hide away.” Tae’s words were like steel, despite the warbling insecurities she felt. “I said I wanted to be a warrior - like my Father - but did anyone take notice? Take advantage of someone who actually wants to do something around here? But no. Our warriors do nothing and yet I am excluded from their ranks.” Tae cast a glance towards Ampere. She … hadn’t exactly told her mother any of this. She’d been sparring on her own, and while she was going to ask her mother for aid, time had seemingly grown short. “And healers? One would think a Sultana who was a former healer would feel a kinship with the rank she left, but all she has done is selfishly leave those ranks vacant.” Train under the Sultana to be a healer? How many years would that take?

“Everything the Throat has worked for has come undone. Our roster is fat, our ranks lazy, our borders vulnerable.”

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Burning house - by Tae - 11-08-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Burning house - by Ampere - 11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Burning house - by Aithniel - 11-09-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: Burning house - by Tae - 11-09-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Burning house - by Ampere - 11-10-2016, 09:22 AM