the Rift

[PRIVATE] the end [myrrine]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She didn't remember when this had become her place of solace. Yet as the time had passed it was always the brightly colored ceiling and drapes of silk that lured her back into this sanctuary that hugged her deepest secrets. When she had been but a foal, listening to stories from a beautiful spotted mare like herself; running and chasing butterflies and enjoying the sunshine, meeting Quilyan in her weakest moment. The last thought caused her to flinch, the bitter thoughts returning to her mind as she tried to shake him away from her conscious. He was a different part of her life now; and although he had promised to be a part of her life and Laume's, it hadn't really happened. Whether it was because of his own choice or he could sense she truly didn't want him there, she couldn't really fathom.

What she also couldn't fathom was the sudden taste of metal on her tongue that was the telltale of blood. Ears suddenly pricking and hazel eyes searching in the utmost alertness, her gaze rested upon the rustling of the curtains of her precious Rotunda. Without another thought she was pushing through them in order to help the poor creature who obviously needed assistance. She was stopped in her tracks by the sight that hit her like a ton of bricks. There upon the tiled floor, blood pooling beneath patches of gold; was Quilyan. Right eye non-existent, sinew throbbing with each pulse of his heart and a pitiful tuft of fur between his withers that she recognized as his companion.

"Q-Quil!" his name came out liked a ragged gasp, throaty and full of the anguish she couldn't hide from herself. Soon her body was to his, pressing into him to try and keep him warm. His wing was broken, hell everything about him pretty much was, and there was nothing she could do. She wasn't adept in the ways of healing, but her minimal knowledge was telling her that this indeed was the end for him; and the thought made her soul shatter. Tears flowing, lips finding his injured face and riddling it with fervent kisses she cried into him, at him, to the air surrounding him as she refused to let her skin break contact from his,"Oh my dear Quilyan... Who has done this to you?"

He was battered and burned, a pitiful lump of the glorious steed that he used to be. The tears wouldn't stop, and she moved to grab some of the curtain in an attempt to blanket him. She had learned that you got colder when you were dying, and she was trying so hard to keep him as comfortable as possible. He's not dying! that panicked part of her screamed, the youthful voice of young love sobbing and begging for this to all be a bad dream. But the real Myrrine knew, she knew from the sinking feeling in her heart and stomach that this was how Quilyan was going to leave this world. She was choking on her sobs and looking to him with pleading eyes, moving hastily to the side where his face could see her and kissed him lovingly, whispering sweet nothings of encouragement and comfort.

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you Quilyan. I'm sorry I pushed you away and didn't bring Laume to see you. You would have been an amazing father," she was stroking his ear with her muzzle, shaking uncontrollably as her chest was now soaked with tears and drool from her sobs. She was a mess of emotions; of the guilt and pain and anger that was welling deep inside. She could have done more to be there, she could have pretended to love him even if just for awhile. If she had been better she could have saved him from this agony. Or maybe she was hoping she would have saved herself from the sight of him like this.

Pressing her face into his shoulder with the utmost care she continued to wail, not sure how else to help him. She didn't even know if he was awake at this point, or if the early stages of death were slipping their fingers hungrily at his consciousness. Maybe he was just too tired to care anymore. That's how she felt these days too. Yet thinking of him simply choosing to give up burned so deep that she screamed, looking to him with venomous passion,"No! You're not allowed to leave me do you understand? If you leave I will NEVER FORGIVE YOU! DO YOU HEAR ME QUIL? DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME DAMMIT!"
And in that moment; Myrrine realized that somewhere deep within her; she may have loved Quilyan a little bit. Even though it was too late to act on it now.

"Talk."
the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Quilyan My heart....
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
the end [myrrine] - by Quilyan - 11-09-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: the end [myrrine] - by Myrrine - 11-09-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: the end [myrrine] - by Quilyan - 11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
RE: the end [myrrine] - by Myrrine - 11-11-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: the end [myrrine] - by Quilyan - 11-11-2016, 07:58 PM