the Rift

[PRIVATE] please let me explain

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
so I take off my face, because it reminds me how it all went wrong
but I leave in my heart because I don't want to stay in the dark

Young Erthë might spit venomous words his way, but she still came after Lucius had woken her up. The roc warned Mesec that he had woken her so she might not be quite as pleasant as she had been every other time the pair had come across her. While he waited, Mesec suppressed a groan - it wasn’t going to earn him any more favours with the pale girl that he had woken her up from her sleep. Few would be charitable after such an instant.

But she came, looking a little dishevelled and limping in a way that caused worry to flicker through Mesec’s silver eyes. He didn’t respond immediately to her words because soon after her arrival, the Lucius arrived back with the King and his elephant close behind. Mesec nodded his head in response to Tembovu’s greeting, waiting until he had spoken to Erthë before he addressed her as well - his voice pleading. “I know you don’t trust me, or like me very much Erthë, but please just hear me out.” Then his silver gaze shifted to Tembovu, ready to get right down to the point of why he had called. “Yes, I did. When you welcomed me and my children into the Edge, you didn’t know the full story about me, and I think there are two main points you should know, Tembovu. After our trip on the glacier… you should know why Erthë does not like me.” That was basically what it boiled down to, anyway. Mesec had not thought there was any reason to tell anyone about his history with the warg shifting because it was not a problem anymore - it was completely under control. But Erthë wasn’t going to let him just brush it aside.

Lucius, meanwhile, was eyeing Mbwene with caution and curiosity - not having seen such a chunky looking creature since the last time they spoke to Ampere. He wasn’t quite willing to settle onto the ground to greet her but his long tail feathers drifted down from his perch on Mesec’s back, almost brushing the soft snow below and well within reach, and he did not move them out of the way just yet which was something.

With a deep breath, Mesec pushed himself in - knowing that if he lingered any longer, he’d never get the words out. “First, and perhaps most important, not very long ago I was cursed. I had in me a magic that took over my body when I was distressed, turning me into the warg creature you both saw out on the glacier. But I… I wasn’t in control of my body when I became that monster.” He used the word Erthë had applied because he agreed with her - the warg was a monster. “I wasn’t even aware of what was happening while the warg was in control - when I woke in my own body, I thought I had just blacked out - and relied on Lucius to tell me what damage I might have done. It hurt others, including snapping at Erthë when she was younger.” His silver eyes, weighed down with sadness, then flickered over to the pale girl then. “I can’t express how sorry I am, and I hope maybe knowing why will help you not to hate me so much. I would never intentionally hurt you. My mother helped me quest to get control and there is now no chance that I will accidentally shift or harm anyone else.”

A pause and he’s waiting for her reaction, hoping for some sort of understanding and fearing more anger, but there’s a little more still to be said and he cannot stop now so his eyes move once more back to the king. “Which I guess leads into the second thing I think you should know. I’m the Moon Goddess’ son. It’s not a fact that I flaunt openly, nor one that I wish to be flaunted, but it is something you’ll find out sooner or later, if you haven’t already, and something I think you should at least be aware of, now that I am living in the Edge.” Mesec didn’t actually remember the last time he had so blatantly said that fact - except maybe to his children when he was explaining who their grandmother was. He had wanted Gaucho to know too, when he arrived in the Throat, full of apologies for the actions his mother had possessed the Wildfire to do. It just did not seem right to him to conceal such a large fact from the herd leads. He supposed he should find Queen Alysanne as well, after this, or perhaps Tembovu would pass on the message. It had just seemed right to tell the king first, as the one who had originally welcomed Mesec and his children into this herd.

art by astralseed at deviantart.com

@Chan
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
please let me explain - by Mesec - 11-09-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Erthë - 11-10-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Tembovu - 12-01-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Mesec - 12-03-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: please let me explain - by smitty - 02-05-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Erthë - 02-05-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Tembovu - 02-15-2017, 08:33 PM