the Rift

[PRIVATE] please let me explain

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Mbwene (triumphantly, as their bond rang with satisfaction) managed to touch the zephyr’s dark plumage. And, with gentle strokes, she confirmed that the inky feathers were as velvet as they looked—different than the sleek silk of Edgar. A pang of sadness hit the King through their bond, but his attention was focused on the Nightwind, for the words he was speaking held importance not only to Erthe, but also to the Edge.

Dark navy eyes closely watched the dark man, watching his silver eyes closely and catching the apprehension and sadness that flickered through them as his confession fell heavily in the sparsely misted air.

Strangely (or perhaps not so strangely), empathy swelled in the Elephant’s gut. He could understand being a man with uncontrollable anger. Had he not burnt Mauja alive? Had he not destroyed relations and families to exact his own revenge? A low, long breath pushed slowly out of his nostrils as he listened to the next confession: son of the Moon Goddess.

His eyes creased slightly as they narrowed, studying him—wondering just how the Moon Goddess’s son fit into the Edge. Did he wish to rule it? Commune with her? Command her warriors? Or, perhaps, create a new rank entirely for himself?

Or perhaps, the King realized, the man simply wished to raise his children where they might be closer to his own mother. It was clear that the twin’s mother was absent. So, slowly, he dipped his head in understanding and acceptance, “Thank you, Mesec, for sharing this with me—with us—” his gaze glanced towards the silent Erthe. And then, with a slightly grin, he rumbled, “Perhaps it will be easier to decipher your mother with you around,” and he winked good-naturedly.
the Elephant King
image | bckg

@Mesec @Erthë!

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
please let me explain - by Mesec - 11-09-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Erthë - 11-10-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Tembovu - 12-01-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Mesec - 12-03-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: please let me explain - by smitty - 02-05-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Erthë - 02-05-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: please let me explain - by Tembovu - 02-15-2017, 08:33 PM