the Rift

[PRIVATE] how we operate

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
In my scarecrow dreams,
(When they smash my heart into smithereens)
Be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete.

"I'm glad I came" he nodded, looking around at the landscape before returning to the Devoted with his boyish smiles. It was true that the old Worlds Edge he had known as a prisoner was nothing like the one he knew now. Even if he had seen the odd wild fight here at least they didn't take children captive to further their gains. Though at least that time he had known where to find Roux...

Gently, he accepted her nose against his, smiling gratefully as she did so, her company was nice and calming for him. He hoped so desperately that her words were true, that Roux would return to him soon and erase all of his worries. Every day he felt like he was carrying an extra weight by just not knowing and he begged that Roux, wherever he was, would take that burden from his shoulders, prove that he was alive and well, that Sacre hadn’t failed to protect him. Then, then, there were his eyes, his brother couldn’t see during the day, he couldn’t see the way the sun painted the land with his fiery hand or how blue the sky could be. He had promised to fix them, to ask the Gods... Roux had to come back so his good-for-nothing brother could stand by his side once again. So he hoped so fiercely that Alysanne would be right, that just like her and Iona, he and Roux would find each other. “I know” he said with a shaky sigh “I know he will come back” he has to “though I’m afraid I may never let him leave again” he laughed, releasing some of his stress.

He wondered then over her sister “Iona? The Specter?” she was the Specter, right? He seemed to remember her at a previous herd meeting. Thinking about it now, they did look alike “I had no idea you had a twin” she probably understood the pain of separation from a missing twin as much as he did, if not more so, “I’m glad you found each other” even after two years… It gave him a little more hope. "Thank you, again, Alysanne" he laughed a little shyly this time "I feel like I have a lot to thank you for" though he hoped he wasn't a burden in anyway. 

In the meantime, Ríona playfully jumped as Hemlock came in for her tail, her soft paws trying to gently bat his wing as she made little noises of joy. 

Sacre listened to Alysanne's thoughts on her Queendom, her time as a Doctor and how daunting she found it now. If anything, Sacre thought more of her rather than less of her, it made her feel more real to him that these kinds of things bothered her. Carefully, lightly, he went to move closer to her and offered the same nose bump she had offered him earlier before stepping back and shaking his head "I don't think less of you" of course he didn't. "Let them watch Alysanne, everyone makes mistakes, if we didn't then how would we grow?" he grinned, remembering the many mistakes he had already made in the past and almost cringing at them. Why should leaders be any different? It was still a trade to be learned, just like healing. "Though I think you will be a very great Queen" he nodded firmly, resolutely.

"Four years is a long time as a Doctor... Would you teach me what you know, some time?" he asked, wondering if Alysanne might spare a moment for him to let him access the wealth of her healing knowledge. He still felt like he was flailing around in the deep end.

@Alysanne 3bajillion years later <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 11-10-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-11-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 11-15-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: how we operate - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: how we operate - by Sacre - 01-03-2017, 07:14 PM