the Rift

[OPEN] waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
Nephele's ideas were all good ones, and a small part of Sohalia was almost sad that the herd had reacted so strongly against her. The Transcended knew all too well what it was like to be pregnant, how much time it took to care for a nursing foal. So, too, could she understand how much time it took to hone one's body into a warrior mold. Pregnancy made a mare soft and fat - how many times had she looked at her own reflection and winced? - and fighting required one to be hard and muscled. Sohalia would never fit that mold, but Nephele had once and would again.

"We need to find out who's been stealing from us, if we can. If we can compile a list of what's been stolen, maybe we can speak to the rightful owners of the objects for more information. Where was it last? Did they see anyone around? That sort of thing. Our own sneaks can then arrange to take the item back, or our warriors can fight for it." Why would someone be stealing from them? Was it simply bad luck - their members had things that other horses wanted, and so they became targets? Or was it a more concerted effort upon the Throat as a whole? "Maybe we can send diplomatic envoys to the other herds. I wouldn't want them to know of our current state -" she made a face at that, "- but we should reaffirm any alliances, in any case. It could be... carefully suggested that if a thief belongs to one of our allied herds, we will no longer have an alliance.*"

The name Ophelia was only vaguely familiar - perhaps the mare had expressed interest in the Academy at some point in time? - but it made the pale lady feel better to know that someone was making efforts to deter thieves. Without a strong band of warriors, and with so many children about, they needed a strong Sleuth to help protect them. If Sohalia could put a bubble around their little island to protect all of the inhabitants of the Throat and repel outsiders, she would. Suddenly, she understood why Sikeax had been so concerned about the Unbound. Even so, they needed far more information on that front.

"Of course," she replied. "Maren is the voice of our God; hers is the guidance we should seek most frequently. I am certain that she would enjoy the opportunity to offer her wisdom to you as well." A smile appeared on the dove's face. "And I'm sure that it would put your mind at ease, if she were to have a name for our new Physician, whomever that may turn out to be."

On the subject of fighting, Nephele earned a true laugh, the first that Sohalia could remember in recent times. In the weeks since Gaucho's passing, she had been heartbroken, numb in an attempt to ignore the pain that threatened to destroy her. Only the thought of building his herd - his legacy - and raising their last child kept her from simply collapsing into herself and giving up. In all that time, she could remember only one chuckle, and that was given to Ampere. Nothing was like the full-bellied laugh that erupted now. "Oh, if you could make me a warrior, you could make the sun rise in the west and set in the east!" she giggled after calming herself. "But I would appreciate any advice you can give, all the same. I do not wish to be defenseless, should the time ever come that I must fight. Once I have healed, a sparring partner would be much appreciated."

It seemed that they were in agreement on how to move forward with the warriors, though in truth it would be Volterra to truly put any plans into action. Sohalia nodded along as Nephele spoke, pausing to regard the darker mare seriously for a moment before speaking again. "You know... it is our Gladiator's job to do most of this organization, but a few helpful suggestions among the ranks would not go amiss," she said thoughtfully. "Invite another warrior out on a patrol. See if you can't find signs of this newcomer - Kisamoa, I believe his name is. The cousin of the Earth God, I believe he said - he came up out of the water and said he was here to fix the Veins of the Gods."

She frowned. "He seems harmless enough, but... well, finding out more wouldn't hurt. Remember to report your findings to Volterra - I wouldn't want to undermine his authority, but taking the initiative to find things on your own..." Maybe they would have supported you, if you'd done this before. The Transcended wasn't trying to step on any toes - in fact, everything about her facial expression betrayed just how earnest she was in her suggestions. "I could accompany you, if you don't mind how useless I'd be in a fight." Again, that rare grin appeared. She truly did want to work together, and it seemed that Nephele did, too.

"Making suggestions - setting up a better hierarchy - filling our ranks - it will all take time. I'm glad that we will be facing these tasks together."

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Nephele
*Assuming that Soh wins lead in the other thread and has the right to make these kinds of suggestions/decide about alliances. Otherwise ignore this line.
Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele] - by Sohalia - 11-12-2016, 09:28 PM