the Rift

[OPEN] Winter not-so-wonderland.

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Dreams paint the sky in the brightest colours. They are the dreams of crimson, gold, ivory and violets. Mixing together and creating the most beautiful colour show known to none but the Dreamwalker.

It had gotten too dark to fly, so she'd landed with as much grace as possible on the sparkling white banks of snow. The grey clouds and the falling snow obscured the pale glow of the moon. Loose snow rolled along the banks as the wind howled, her feathers ruffled in the breeze. Shivers ran along her back, teeth chattering in her frozen jaws. There was little shelter in the meadow, instead she was left exposed to the elements which left her shivering. The dun was not built for the cold weather, she was made to endure the burning temperatures of The Throat and preferred such. Feeling absolutely miserable, even more so when her breath frosted in front of her quivering nose.

Making her away across the snow covered meadow she hoped the movement would warm her up. Yet her slow, sluggish and frozen steps were not likely to be successful. Stretching her wings she gasped as a particularly cold gust of wind blew a shock of frozen mush onto her body. Quickly she tucked her wings back against her body in an attempt to shield her body from the wet, disgusting snow. Blinking through the drifts of snow and saw the outline of a figure huddled underneath a large tree. Who on earth was crazy enough to be out in this weather...aside from herself of course. Deciding that they could probably look for shelter together, Aelin pushed on through the horrible weather. As she got closer to the figure she studied him, the male was unlike any other inhabitants of Helovia. In fact he was more stag than horse, with large antlers, a bald head and a great scraggly mane from under his chin to his chest. A long lion's tail was bald at the top while his hooves disappeared into the snow. As if his antlers where not enough he also had a large horn protruding from the centre of his forehead. What a strange mix of unicorn and stag indeed!

Huffing she pushed forwards, doing her best to make her way through the snow, shivering and utterly depressed. "I thought I'd be the only one out tonight!" Aelin called in a way of greeting. Pausing to catch her breath she shook her head suddenly furious with the weather. Aelin decided that she absolutely despised the cold. "Aheshke!" Grunting in annoyance the girl slipped into her native tongue, "fejat mae!" Finally she arrived at the stag's side and offered him a half frozen smile, her teeth still chattering. He was a head taller than her and she longed to nestle into the warm looking mane. It was strange she knew, Aelin adverted her eyes slightly embarrassed at her thoughts. "I wish I could have stayed home." The girl muttered to herself, frowning at the snow. Inching closer she peered up at the stag, wondering why he'd chosen to remain out in the snow, as the oak tree that he was hunched against provided shelter, rather than hiding himself away.

For only she can see the beauty of true desires.

@Howl
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Messages In This Thread
Winter not-so-wonderland. - by Howl - 11-11-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: Winter not-so-wonderland. - by Aelin - 11-23-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Winter not-so-wonderland. - by Howl - 11-26-2016, 10:46 AM