the Rift

[OPEN] Like I really care.. [Welcoming ?]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

VOLTERRA
you will remember me for centuries
There's her.

The leviathan tenses, suddenly unsure of himself. Since his pity party in the Meadow, he hasn't set his eyes upon Roskuld, and he certainly isn't sure if he wants to see her. He's also sure that the feeling is mutual. He offers her a curt nod, friendly if a little stiff, and hopes that she won't mention anything about what had transpired. What she had witnessed. She, out of everyone in Helovia, has seen the broken heart that beats within the mammoth chest.

The next to arrive is both familiar and unfamiliar, as in Volterra has seen him in passing but never spoken to him. The elephantine male has the rare distinction of being marginally larger than the Indomitable, which is quite unusual amongst Helovians. The stallion can guess that this man is the king, and the father of Zubari. He addresses Sanaa in a language Volterra doesn't recognise, before turning to the common tongue again. When Volterra responds, he speaks directly to Tembovu, although his gaze darts between the others when he mentions them. "I am Volterra the Indomitable, Gladiator of the Dragon's Throat. I was in the Threshold attempting to recruit Sanaa when your son also arrived, and we felt it only prudent to ensure he returned home safely before we move on to the Throat." He makes it quite clear that if he is to have his way, the mare will be coming home with him - his masculine pride is quite sure of it. It occurs to him that Roskuld may take note of the situation and surmise something else, but the behemoth cannot worry about that right now.

When Sanaa responds to Tembovu in their tongue, it causes a pang of worry to erupt through the goliath's chest. If she knows people here, if she feels comfortable remaining in them, then Volterra's hard work may be for nothing. Of course, seeing a child returned safely to his father is never a bad thing, but if Sanaa isn't successfully recruited to the Throat then Volterra will consider the trip quite the failure. As though reading his mind, the mare touches her nose to him and after a moment of surprise, he returns the gesture. She says that she will follow him to the Throat, but that she must see her blood first. Slowly, the giant nods. "I understand." And he does - the ties of family are of the utmost importance.

So the Gladiator steps backwards and falls silent, unwilling to intrude on this moment of reunion.

LINEART: DARYA87.DA

feel free to skip him as he'll just be lurking awkwardly now xD @Sanaa @Zubari @Roskuld @Tembovu

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Like I really care.. [Welcoming ?] - by Zubari - 11-11-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Like I really care.. [Welcoming ?] - by Sanaa - 11-28-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Like I really care.. [Welcoming ?] - by Sanaa - 12-05-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: Like I really care.. [Welcoming ?] - by Volterra - 12-17-2016, 06:15 PM