the Rift

[OPEN] The Weight of Fate

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
the ocean loved her and knew everything that made her.
and every time she’d walk to the shore,
she’d smile at the ocean
because the waves told her story.
The gales howl over the white tundra of the north, slipping through the sapphire tendrils of the mare’s hair and reaching through to nip at her skin, only to dash away and play back and forth between the snowflakes like a young child. Doe-eyes are alight with amusement when the ocean Mender watches her companion join in. Nimue rides the billows of wind like she would ride the waves of the sea, her sleek body rocking and gliding naturally across the frigid currents. Short squeals and high-pitched whistles from the young orca accompany winter’s mournful cry, the sheer pleasure in the Leviathan’s expression coaxing a giggle from her bonded’s lips.

Playfully tossing her dainty head into the air, Tiamat tempts the Leviathan with a game, bouncing into a half-rear before cloven hooves dig into the powdery snow, launching her sapphire body forward. With a long whistle of joy, Nimue is eager to take the bait. The wind is at their backs as the oceanic pair dances through the blizzard, haphazardly weaving their way through the crimson trees, and leaving a flurry of snow in their wake.

Had the ocean mare been paying proper attention, then she would have noticed the darkly colored stallion among the skeletal trees, and adjusted a suitable approach accordingly. However, as caught up as she is in this wonderful rush of elation, Tiamat is focused more on her beloved companion than the path in front of her. By the time she is able to distinguish the horned stranger from the tree he is resting against, it is far too late for her to do anything graceful.

“Wooah!” The Mender cries as she tucks in her haunches and digs her hooves into the snow, attempting to slow her momentum, but the force of her motion ultimately pushes her forward, sending her tumbling face-first into the soft snow. She’s sprawled out near the stallion’s hooves when she finally regains control of her body. “Oh my, I am so sorry! I didn’t hit you, did I?” Tiamat flusters with herself, blinking snowflakes from her lashes when she looks up. Were it possible, she would be blushing wildly from embarrassment. Inwardly chiding herself, Tiamat offers him a bashful smile. “Clumsy me—I suppose I should pay more attention to what’s ahead.”

She laughs at her own graceless antics, stretching out her legs to lift herself from the frozen ground. With muscles now stiff from the cold, she shivers once, then reaches to breathe a warm breath across Nimue’s anxious face, assuring her companion that her tumble had been nothing more than clumsiness. “I’m sorry again,” bright eyes shift back to the unfamiliar stallion, meeting his startlingly blue gaze with an apologetic grin. “My name is Tiamat, and this is Nimue,” the young whale presses against the mare’s flank, shy now that her worry is gone. Tiamat curls her lion tail comfortingly around her companion, while doe-eyes remain hopeful for the stallion’s forgiveness.

notes; So excited!!
Nimue reference
“Speech.”

@Sacre | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
The Weight of Fate - by Sacre - 11-11-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: The Weight of Fate - by Tiamat - 11-12-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: The Weight of Fate - by Sacre - 11-16-2016, 07:22 AM