the Rift

[PRIVATE] in a blackout

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
The vulture had managed to land upon a snow-covered branch, blending in effortlessly as Kiada’s gaze surveyed the treetops. It hadn’t taken long for her to get noticed – other animals shifted and moved away from the sound she emitted, interrupting the beautiful silence that painted the land. Her brows furrowed together, slightly annoyed in wait. However, when Hemlock crested the treetops, she found her annoyance beginning to lift. Alysanne had heard her, and Khairi stood among the branches preening his feathers while keeping a diligent view of his bonded to ensure her safety.

Alysanne broke through the trees, calling her name cheerfully, and Kiada’s straightened her posture, dipping her head in greeting to the painted Queen. She offered a bright smile to the filly while Hemlock landed directly on her head. Kiada returned her own gentle smile before replying to the question the Queen poised to her. “Oh, I’m okay. Father made me stay here today while they go out and look for Kianzo.” She allowed a slight frown to reach her pink splotched lips, her gaze averting from Alysanne for a few moments. “So I was thinking maybe I could learn something while I was here!” Her voice lost the sadness that had painted it as a shadow as her gaze returned. “I was wondering if you could tell me about what happened when Zo and I were born?” Her ashen head tilted then in curiosity.

What had caused her Mother to be so easily pained? The scars and bruises that laced her flesh upon their birth, simply gone when Alysanne came to heal her. Where was the blood that dripped from Rexanna’s neck, where had it come from? Was there an unseen threat that Kiada needed to look out for? She had so many questions, but it all needed to start off with what happened first. Hopefully, if Alysanne wasn’t around to witness it, that Rexanna had told her of the event. Hopefully her mother wasn’t as stupid as she grew up believing.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

@Alysanne <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
in a blackout - by Kiada - 11-12-2016, 02:55 AM