the Rift

[OPEN] Policy Changes [SNEAKS]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia
          Does your imagination try to make you what you wanted to be?
Because I'm sorry I do what I did, but it came naturally

Isopia turned to address the voice that had called out to her. Asaavi - though that was not the name Isopia knew her by - offered a challenge to the change in policy that she had just issued. However instead of the anger that the filly thought she was apt to receive, Isopia merely considered her question thoughtfully for a moment before replying.

"Violence is a word laced with connotations that are not always apt." She began, the academic tone of her voice softened somewhat by her appreciation that someone had spoken out with their own thoughts on the matter. "The murder of a child is a strain of violence, the assault of one against another is likewise considered violent. But this is entirely different from the sort of actions that we see when a lion takes down a gazelle to eat. We do not judge that the lion has committed murder, nor do we say that his actions were wrong or immoral. There is a difference between violence, and the use of physical strength."  She paused, considering her own words to ensure that they aligned with what her mind thought, and then continued. "When we steal, we take from others counting on their weakness to aid our success. We take because we do not want to offer up something as a trade, and we do so as silently as possible, so that those we wrong might never even know our faces. It is dishonourable, and cowardly. Unless one is starving and their target is food, there are almost no legitimate reasons to steal. To fight on the other hand.." 

Isopia took a breath before continuing. "There are those who believe in non-violence above all else. That if one is attacked, the thing to do is merely to give in. I do not believe in such things, though I would be happy to debate their merits with you, should you be interested. No - Our warriors exist so that we have means of protection. And, as you have witnessed for yourself in the Edge, often there are competing points of view. When words cannot overcome chasms, sometimes all we can do is allow strength to be the victor. Is it not the same in nature? Do we need see the strong triumph over the weak? Surely the gazelle would prefer not to be eaten by the lion, but alas, there is an order to things. And finally, the sort of physical challenges that I speak of now - and not the sort properly associated with your use of violence, are between two consenting parties. This is one of the primary differences between this set of skills and those a sleuth possesses. The King of the Edge agreed to the terms of the challenge and willingly allowed the matter to be settled in a display of strength. Such is not the case when one steals from another."

With a spark of interest in her golden gaze, Isopia looked to the girl know as Csilla, to see what more she might have to say on the matter.

Messages In This Thread
Policy Changes [SNEAKS] - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Policy Changes [SNEAKS] - by Asavvi - 11-14-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: Policy Changes [SNEAKS] - by Isopia - 11-14-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Policy Changes [SNEAKS] - by Lotherarius - 11-15-2016, 04:58 PM