the Rift

[OPEN] i miss you when i can't sleep [birth]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
I had known for some time that the day would come when I would finally give birth to my first child and I thought that I was prepared for it, but I wasn't. When the pain started, pain so deep in my gut that I could only attribute it to childbirth, I panicked. I was scared, I didn't know what to do or who to go to, I wished that Rhoa was still here with me because I was sure that he would have kept my panic at bay and coached me through this. I knew that Dragomir was around, but I didn't expect him to be there with me while I birthed a foal that wasn't his. It would be selfish of me to expect that from him, but part of my panic came from being alone.

I had never witnessed anyone birthing a foal before, nor had I heard any stories about what to expect. Giving birth was something that mares had done for hundreds, if not thousands, of years so the only thing I could do was just hope that my body knew what it needed to do and would do it without being coached. Still, I tried to regain some semblence of control so I could hold off on having this child long enough to find someone, but any control that I thought I had was a lie.

I ended up on the ground, a giant, fat, black and gold blob, grunting and straining against the force of my contractions. When I finally gave up and let my body take control, when I finally started to work with it instead of against it, things began to move much more quickly and smoothly.

-gross birth stuff-

It was several minutes after the child had finally slid free from my body that I lifted my head, my neck straining as I looked at the ground behind me.  She was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Tears stung my eyes because I wished, again, that Rhoa was there, that he could meet his daughter.

I forced myself to stand and I turned to my daughter, my muzzle bumping along her tiny body. Letha"." I murmured softly and I began to clean her.

"."

ooc:// anyone is welcome to post if they feel inclined to :D

@Letha @Dragomir @Kvasir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
i miss you when i can't sleep [birth] - by Ranjiri - 11-13-2016, 03:54 PM