the Rift

[OPEN] i miss you when i can't sleep [birth]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars
[Only posting because MY INNER RHOA IS CRYING. Feel free to skip Iso. <3 ]

Thanks to Ophelia, Isopia does not remember what giving birth was like. Although her labour was nothing like Ranjiri's surely - her baby was stillborn and quite small, nothing compared to the jubilant life that the mare had just brought into the world - Isopia still felt as though she should feel something in response. She was a mare too, wasn't she? Was there not a speck of maternal instinct inside of herself that would react to seeing another mare give birth? Introspecting, Isopia found that no, there wasn't.

Like the Mountain she was, Isopia stood sentinel a few meters away, silently contemplating why it was that she didn't possess te ability to heal others. Her body could knit itself back together faster than those around her, and yet despite being the daughter of the Earth God, she couldn't pass on those abilities to others.

Strange.

As Dragomir arrived (the father? she silently assumed), Isopia reiterated his sentiments.  "Or I can. You should stay with your child's mother." What else was she supposed to think, to see a stallion come so shortly after the child's birth? Surely it was the father? And so, if anyone was going to go and get anyone, it should be Isopia. Though the mountain mare had to particular sentiments regarding this situation, she did know that birth was a sentimental process. Both mother and father should be there for it.

Hubris say on Isopia's back, peering around her pauldron which now sported leaves of pure white. His toothy grin rimmed his bronzey face as he looked on the happy couple with a warm smile.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
RE: i miss you when i can't sleep [birth] - by Isopia - 11-14-2016, 10:45 AM