the Rift

[OPEN] i miss you when i can't sleep [birth]

Letha Posts: 8
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh ::
Makai :: Black Panther :: None Time

Letha

Where I will find peace other than in oblivion?

While others may contemplate the comfort of the womb, or their desire to stay there forever, safely lodged beneath their mother's heart, Letha had no such desire. She squirmed within her watery cage, writhing and screaming to be released. She had no ideas of the world she would be birthed, no knowledge of the dangers that lay out there, but within her tiny head she knew she wanted to be there. Now was the time.

Her mother fought against her for some time, but Letha was as stubborn as her grandmother (though she did not yet know that, either) and she did not give up. No matter how much her mother tried to keep her in, tried to keep her from becoming part of the world, Letha would find her way. Finally, all of her effort was rewarded and she slid free from her captivity and into the cold, blinding world for which she so longed.

She did not move for several minutes, but she merely lay there, breathing under her mother's cleaning. Her tiny chest rose and fell and her delicate nostrils flared. There was too much to process, all her brain could focus on was one thing: breathe. Finally, after what seemed an eternity of attempting to get herself centered, the filly raised her head. Ocean eyes opened, blinking slowly but deliberately to keep herself from being blinded. Everything was blurry, except for when she turned her head toward her mother. The black and gold mare was in perfect focus. Letha breathed out, reaching toward Ranjiri's muzzle with her own.

She wanted to thank her mother for releasing her, but did not know how. She blinked again. Muffled sounds came from all around her, suddenly, and the filly was startled. Her body flinched as she turned her fragile and awkward body to see those crowded around. Their words meant nothing, they were only muffled, tiny noises. Her ears twitched before pinning down against her nape. Her forehead exposed two hard spots where horns would soon begin to grow a her ears moved out of the way.

The filly snorted, looking back to her mother.

image credits

@Ranjiri

Messages In This Thread
RE: i miss you when i can't sleep [birth] - by Letha - 11-16-2016, 07:47 PM