the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can We Be Done Now?

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

FROM her spot in the corner of the cave Laume hears her mother's steps approach. Wary eyes cast a sidelong glance to the older mare. Part of the far child wants the mare who was supposed to be her mother to grovel, to cry, no matter how true the actions were. She wants validation. But the other part of the girl wants her real mother: honest and warm.

Her mother's shock, her sadness, those were real enough. "I know my love, I've done an awful thing. I've left you because of my own selfish reasons, and it was unfair of me to do such a thing to you. I will be there always...." Laume's eyes threaten tears, they tremble, but the strong child does not allow them to burst. All the apologies in the world wouldn't take back the time she'd been alone but it was a start. It was like back when she'd been born, before the absence. Maybe she hadn't changed that much? It wasn't as if she'd been gone that long in the first place. Laume hadn't even missed her until a bit ago(Ok, like a week or two but shh).

The filly got up from her spot and shuffled over to brush her mother's nose. It was an acceptance of peace. It was making up in that awkward, patchwork way that all families do. Nothing was really changed and no one felt any better but you still put on a good face and went through the motions because you knew they meant well in the end. A sigh leaves Laume, relieving the built up tension of the moment. She turns towards the exit of the cave, ready to leave to go get some food but her mother's voice causes a pause in her steps. "We can start just after I find something in here quickly."  What could possibly be more important than helping your hurt child? You'd lost the kid, left them behind, gotten caught, and you needed to keep doing what you'd before they'd shown up crying about their hurt shins? "Uh, ok?"

"I'm on a quest for the Earth God..." The filly's face fell. Her mother wanted her help with something that might as well have been part of the reason why she'd left. She had changed from the loving, cuddling mother Laume had spent the first months of her life with. Mother was not an odd, distracted, careless creature who had no place claiming parentage over something. "No" came the whisper. Her mother continued, trying to be upbeat, but Laume said it again, loud enough to hear this time.  "No"

Laume's tiny body shivered in spite of the heat of the lava caves. She stared at her mother, face aghast. It took everything in her to not just scream at her useless mother. Laume didn't hate her, she just wanted back what she'd grown up with. "I love you Momma. You are a good mare and you were a good mother until you left. But I do not think you know what you need to do anymore. I am hungry and I cannot wait. I am going to find someone who will help me and maybe, when you figure yourself out, you can come back to our home in the World's Edge." With that the little filly turned and stumbled her way out of the caves, done with her mother's behavior and utterly done waiting for others to notice her.

OOC: Laume is determined Laume.
  "words words"

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)

@Myrrine
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Messages In This Thread
Can We Be Done Now? - by Myrrine - 11-13-2016, 05:21 PM
RE: Can We Be Done Now? - by Vinati - 11-19-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Can We Be Done Now? - by Myrrine - 11-20-2016, 01:24 AM
RE: Can We Be Done Now? - by Laume - 11-20-2016, 03:55 AM
RE: Can We Be Done Now? - by Vinati - 11-28-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Can We Be Done Now? - by Myrrine - 11-28-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Can We Be Done Now? - by Laume - 12-04-2016, 05:16 PM