the Rift

[PRIVATE] Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might)

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia couldn't remember the last time that she'd left the Edge. Was it during the invasion? Or rather, just after it? Was that truly the last time that she had walked away from the misty mountaintops? Looking at Zero, and recalling his insistence (as well as the tree's) that they not keep secrets from each other, she decided to share this thought out loud.

"I used to live here, you know." She began. Not that Isopia had ever been bothered by Zero's height, but today she was particularly glad for his short strides, for her body was still quite sore. "I was born in the Edge. I'm not sure if I had ever told you that or not."

Although she hadn't asked for Zero's support, she was surprised to find how much she valued having someone to walk home with - someone who wasn't just Ranjiri, or Asaavi. Having a friend by her side, regardless of what he thought about the challenge she had just completed, filled her with a sort of reassurance that previously she would have never thought that she needed. And especially with her memories of Volterra removed from her mind, it was a feeling that she had never experienced with anyone else but her lightning-backed friend. She wanted to tell him as much, but the word sat awkwardly upon her lips.

Why was thank you, so hard for her to say? Was it because it conveyed that sense of neediness that she so desperately tried to snuff out of herself? This life would have been easier if she didn't need anyone, but she supposed, if she was going to need anyone, she was glad that it was Zero.

"I could hear you sometimes, through the mists." She began, moving the words like awkward chess pieces. "While I was fighting, I mean. It was .." (just say it. it isn't a big deal. It's Zero after all.) ".. really nice knowing you were there." She concluded, swallowing hard and inspecting the way the grasses bounced back up from beneath her hooves, as if she had never even stepped upon them at all.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Zekle awkward iso post is awkward.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might) - by Isopia - 11-13-2016, 10:18 PM