the Rift

[PRIVATE] Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might)

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

He repeats the phrase as if she's being stupid or unnecessarily slow. For Isopia the issue now has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not she wants a foal and everything to do with understanding just what it is her friend is trying to say to her.

Suddenly she remembers the whales and how slow their voices were, and she thinks of Zero a little bit like that. As if all he needs to do is say it again and again and her brain will somehow catch on.

But it doesn't. Thankfully though, he keeps talking.

Ahh..nope. That apparently isn't helpful.

She's never had a child before (wrong), but somehow biologically she just knows that if she did, it wouldn't leave her body in the form of an egg. Then he talks about laying it as if they are now a pair of seahorses or penguins who are wondering if they should bend the laws of nature and have the mother carry it, or if he should do as he is meant to and bear their children.

It's all so confusing.

Isopia had meant that perhaps her Father could make Zero somehow share in the responsibility of carrying the child, but she hadn't meant that literally. Or perhaps she had. She'd been thinking of acorns and how so long as they were planted in the right sort of environment, they would grow. She'd been thinking of this potential life as something external to herself from the moment of its conception, something that they could pass back and forth between the two of them until it was born. But ... now that she thought about it, birthing seemed to be an internal-to-external sort of procedure.

Isopia sighs, weary with confusion.

"Did you come from an egg?" She asks Zero, then looks sideways at Hubris for a moment, before returning her honey'd gaze to his sunbeam one. Hubris had come from an egg. Clearly she was the odd one out. "I didn't. I just thought ... that maybe my Father could .. do something. You wouldn't have to carry the baby, or the egg, or..whatever it will be, for the whole time. I just thought we should share in the responsibility. All the responsibility and-" She stops, swallowing hard. Now her mind is thinking about the actual making of the baby.

That thing.

Then she realized her assumption, and a dusky rose colour flushes to her cheeks as Isopia blushes incredibly uncharacteristically. 

"Even I needed a male and a female parent." She says dully. "I guess I just assumed, when you said that we could go see my Dad that you meant.." She stops, not even knowing what she's implying. Is it that he would, you know, do that with her? Is it that he would be the dad? Is he just a sperm donor? Is he there for moral support? 

Isopia is normally so careful with making assumptions, and now she's not only made an ass out of she and Zero, but she's potentially made parents out of them as well.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Zekle WHAT IS THIS THREAD EVEN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might) - by Isopia - 01-31-2017, 02:41 PM