the Rift

[PRIVATE] Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might)

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
It's clear neither of you has though this through with particular detail. Your (and I do mean you, too, Isopia) collective lack of knowledge is profoundly staggering - while generally speaking you're a lad who excels at learning and Isopia's the bloody Mountain That Knows, this whole baby-making business has reduced you both to hapless children, flailing in the dark for some thread of understanding, splashing in hopes a ship of sanity will scoop you up and take you back to shore.

First things first, because part of your worldview was just shattered and you're kind of reeling from the revelation. "Yeah! Everyone I know came from an egg!" (This is not true.) "You didn't?!" What?! You're tempted to follow with are you sure?, but you're sure that if anyone's sure about things, it's Isopia, and so you bite your tongue. Still, this new bit of information remains astounding, a little too much for your tiny mind to fully comprehend. In your experience, everything living popped out of an egg - you have no alternative to this understanding, no other idea of how on earth things are born. Did Isopia just... appear? Was she built from clay, brought up from the ground and given life by her father and dam? Or did she hatch from something else, a seed or nut or acorn? Is it a demigod thing?

You wouldn't be surprised- you just really, really, really need to know.

Clearly Isopia is far less interested in the whole egg thing than you are. While you struggle to make sense of your topsy-turvy world, utterly dumbfounded, she's already moving on to more important issues. (Though let's be real- right now, you're honestly more comfortable focusing on The Egg Conundrum than changing the channel back to Shrimpy and the Mountain Make A Baby Show).

Something about her tone of voice pulls you back, lifts you from your awkward preoccupation, your discomfort with the rabbit hole you've fallen into. She's still speaking, but there's something more than what she's saying, something about her voice, her face, and you know it's important, you just can't quite figure out what it is.

...Wait a minute.

Is she... scared?

Do you get to be... brave?

You swallow, an earnest, nervous smile spreading across your face, and take a step closer to Isopia. "I meant that maybe he could help us... y'know, be a family." Is that what you meant? Maybe not, but it doesn't matter- you mean it now, with all of your heart. Is it what she meant? Sunbeam eyes look for hers - Come with me, they say, Let's have this adventure - and your nervous and excited and uncertain and resolved, but hell, if there's anyone you want to do this insane thing with, might as well be a person you love, right?

"Together."
And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're a queen and I'm a lionheart

image | coding

@Isopia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band-aids don't fix bullet holes (but babies might) - by Zèklè - 02-06-2017, 10:35 PM