the Rift

[OPEN] getting sick of predictability

Gawen Posts: 26
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 6 Months
Atlas :: Royal Nine-tailed Kitsune :: None Brit

If a person could die of fright, well, Gawen was doing his absolute best. He hadn't been paying attention at all - which was stupid considering his age and the fact he was in an unknown wild land, and the fact there was fucking snow everywhere to make noise. He nearly leapt out of his skin, giant blue eyes swelling in his head and peering up at the long shadow that fell across him, not even daring to lift his head to try and inspect this newcomer yet. Not until the grumbling, discomfited voice spat out, startling the child a second time as he jerked his head up and snapped his wings in like a soldier. Trying to appear polite and mature. Maybe even sucking up a bit because good lords his knees were already shaking.

But the man had asked a question, and Gawen fought to unravel his knotted tongue to form a response. He didn't want to die because of his awkwardness okay!

"I-I-I'm looking for an herb, sir!" his voice squeaked out, pitifully high. He never had a very deep voice in the first place but he could practically pee himself with the squinting glare of the older, colorful male. The downturned lips and frustrated, pinched expression. "F-For my friend! We want to be medics and I want to i-impress her," he fumbled out quickly after that, practically spitting the mashed up words to try and please the sour stallion.

Snow slid down his horn onto his face and Gawen's face twitched hard, almost comically, at the cold sensation. He nearly went cross eyed, but he didn't dare move beneath the scrutiny of the much older male. He normally would have inquired what the male was doing out himself, if only for the sake of being polite, but Gawen truly didn't even want to know. Or tempt fate. If this was some mass murderer, he wanted to cherish his life - and his silence - for however long he had left to live. This is why you listen to Mama, Gawen, he wailed in his mind.

GAWEN
The sun is filling up the room,
And I can hear you dreaming.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
getting sick of predictability - by Gawen - 11-14-2016, 12:51 AM
RE: getting sick of predictable - by Sunjata - 11-14-2016, 01:01 AM
RE: getting sick of predictable - by Gawen - 11-14-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: getting sick of predictable - by Sunjata - 11-14-2016, 01:16 AM
RE: getting sick of predictable - by Gawen - 11-14-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: getting sick of predictable - by Sunjata - 11-14-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: getting sick of predictability - by Gawen - 11-14-2016, 03:14 AM