the Rift

[OPEN] Eyes Open

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia's gaze was pulled away from the dilapidated rocks and fell upon a colt, who seemed to bear the markings of a large cat. Her eyes dipped downwards for a moment, as if expecting to see claws where his hooves should be, but those appeared decidedly equine. Interesting, she thought to herself, as her ears perked forward to catch the stream of questions which were suddenly thrust her way.

"I do not live here."  She answered, her voice a neutral stream, sounding mildly academic as if she were teaching a lesson. "This place is not owned by anyone, at least none of the herds." She concluded, wondering if it was properly the property of the Gods or not. His reference to her appearance did not draw a comment from the demi-goddess. He was more or less correct, after all, but Isopia rarely spoke of her lineage unless it was absolutely necessary. Besides, it was possible to look as she did, without Godly lineage, wasn't it?

>>No, you special<< Hubris trilled lovingly into her mind, before hopping down onto one of the rocks and trilling a bright hello towards the bi-horned colt before him.

"I have met the Moon Goddess before as well." Isopia offered. "I owe my life to her."

Isopia's golden gaze looked around the veins for a moment, before she answered. "These lands are called the Veins of the Gods, so named for the lava that runs through the rocks here. It was once a beautiful place,  until the God's wrath destroyed it, leaving only these crumbled shrines. It was here that Helovians could come to seek magic or power. At first, the Gods granted these requests, but soon the Helovians grew greedy and unappreciative. And so, the Gods destroyed these lands and for a time, would not come no matter who called to them." Isopia paused, her lecture-like voice coming to a halt for a moment before continuing. "But, they could not keep themselves away, and so, slowly, they returned. Now only some are answered, though many still come here to pray, hoping that the Gods decide to grant them an audience."

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

@Zubari

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Eyes Open - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Eyes Open - by Zubari - 11-24-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: Eyes Open - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Eyes Open - by Zubari - 01-02-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Eyes Open - by Isopia - 01-02-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Eyes Open - by Gawen - 01-07-2017, 11:01 PM