Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

It didn't make sense to him. If these so-called Qians believed all species were equal, why had they run the unicorns out of their homeland? If they truly were the benevolent group they wanted to be known as, perhaps they should have tried a more diplomatic approach. Then again, Xanthos had not been present when this had all happened, nor was he even aware how long ago it had happened. "They sound like the walking definition of a hypocrite," he commented, his tone more serious than it had been back at the Threshold, "I do not like the sound of them."

'Racism' was an interesting word to hear Elizabeth describe herself, and from the sound of it, most of the other unicorns that inhabited the Steppe. The grullo was definitely not that way, but with venomous words dripping from the mare's tongue, he knew that she wassn't fooling around. That was when Xanthos knew he was wedged between a rock and a hard place, as if the rock weren't already hard enough as it was. The stallion wasn't down for living out his years in a herd as he'd done before, and yet, he would be a fool to tell Elizabeth how he really felt. A soft exhale was the only giveaway to his troubled thoughts.

Just as he was about to question Elizabeth's promise of others, he spotted a dark figure approaching from far away, but it didn't take long at all for it to come into view. It was another mare, dark as the night sky, save for the stripe running down her face and her feet, while covered in snow, were nearly overlooked. Elizabeth had not spoken in great detail of the two aforementioned unicorns, but he wondered, could this be one of them? His answer came as soon as he wondered it, it seemed, and dipping his head ever so slightly to the mare, he spoke. "I am Xanthos," he replied, meeting Psyche's gaze with his own. The stallion might have commented on the eerie beauty of Frostbreath, but if this was not their true homeland, he was certain such comments would be less than welcome.

"Elizabeth tells me of the Qians and what they did to our kind," he said instead, guaging the mare's reaction carefully before he continued on. "If you will have me, Psyche, I will join you and the others to gain back the Edge."

Messages In This Thread
Gone With the Wind (Elizabeth, open) - by Xanthos - 10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Gone With the Wind - by Elizabeth - 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM
RE: Gone With the Wind (Elizabeth, open) - by Xanthos - 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Gone With the Wind (Elizabeth, open) - by Elizabeth - 10-28-2012, 12:05 PM