the Rift

[OPEN] Back to Buisness [PATROL]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Ampere had to admit, she was surprised by Nephele's apparent dedication to the herd. Maybe she did actually care about the well being of the Dragon's Throat, and wasn't just attempting a power grab. Though, a single patrol and attendance to herd meetings does not a reformed citizen make- the truth would come out with evidence that Nephele could sustain this new passion. Ampere was curious to see it however, and tried not to judge the mare for her lax attitude in years past. At least she was still here, at least she was fighting for the sands now, even if she hadn't before.

And what of the Mother of Companions? Could the same be said of her?

She was on this patrol, wasn't she? Yet apathy still tinged her every thought, her every word, her every action. Time continued to pass and it was the only true healing she could receive for the ache in her chest where her heart once laid, but it wasn't enough. Maybe his absence was gradually becoming more normal, maybe Ampere was a bit more roused by the needs of the herd, but she was still thin with anorexia and her coat and feathers were still unkempt with lack of self concern. Then there was her son, a boy only a season old and yet she tended to him less and less, unable to really care for him the way she had her previous children, or just unwilling to. Gaucho was in all of them, but that colt, following so closely on the Wildfire's last burn, haunted her too readily with her love's mannerisms.

That alone may have been the only reason Ampere came; attempting to escape for a while.

"Not to my knowledge," Ampere responded nonchalantly to Nephele as she meandered around the Fields. "Doesn't mean it can't be though." A pause then before Ampere added as an after thought, "nice for grazing though, I used to come here often for my meals. I presume others do as well."

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Back to Buisness [PATROL] - by Nephele - 11-16-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Back to Buisness [PATROL] - by Ampere - 11-19-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Back to Buisness [PATROL] - by Zubari - 11-19-2016, 09:43 PM