the Rift

on stranger tides

Byron Posts: 14
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: Three Seasons [Frostfall]
Nova
[Image: byron___bronzehalo_by_arahvir_dan956x_co...an96l3.png]

"Really you're my uncle?" There's no hiding the excitement which vibrated through him, small flaxen tail raised as his ears pressed so far forward they may have popped off his skull. "I have an Uncle!" Small front hooves stomped into the muddy ground in glee and his heart hammered in his petite chest. His ma really hadn't said much about the other side of his family, the none winged part, which was where he got his little flightless shoulders and rack of antlers from. Let alone touched upon the fact he possibly had an Uncle, or maybe aunts, cousins maybe? The list was endless. He could tip toe and be sneaky from here til he was filled out with youthful adolescence, and she wouldn't utter anymore than she had. Part of him wanted to think she was being coy, an independent mothers instinct to keep a man at arms length from her children, but a small part of him wondered if she had really known anything more than the scraps she'd told him.

Whatever a bastard was, the two older unicorns weren't telling and it earned a small huff from the boy. His mismatched gaze goes from the grey mare to the chimeric stag as they each rebuffed his question. Though Bartholomeo's response earned a sniggered breath in return. "Fine, I won't tell. You better tell me when I'm older though, or I'll tell my pa on you." When I find him, I guess. He's smart enough to know to bite his tongue on that, because he's genuinely happy that he's found his family, and he doesn't want to ruin the moment with his own rain cloud.

Is your father Tilney? "Yeah," he nodded and turned his fully attention back to the grey doe, his own brand of merry vibrated through his core as he watched her, "you're my aunt too!?" His head instinctively cocked, large ears flopped to the side as he tried to find a hint of his tree marking on her. He found it eventually, squinting through the rain until he saw the vivid branches of white on her flanks. What a funny place! But then again, Jude had his tree marking on his butt. A big ol'white butt tree. "Do I have anymore aunts and uncles? Are they here? Do they live with you? Oh, my name is Byron!" Chipper and cheerful, he took a step or two forward and attempted to reach out with his muzzle to gently bump it against the grey's.

The attention dropped off him again, and he didn't mind. Instead, he was content to stand there as the rain pitter pattered into his eyes and on his hair and watch them with a curious gaze. Wait til he told Jude, and wait til he told Ma! He'd met his family, if only his brother was here though. Soon enough, they both turned back to him and his ears propped forward, odd coloured eyes bright as he listened to Aelfwine. "I'm out here with my ma and my twin brother, Jude." He replied, his head nudged toward the clearing he had jumped through to get here. "My ma is here to make sure strangers don't get lost. Don't worry, I know my way back!"  

♥︎
[Image: byron_by_ehrendi_daod2ik_by_arahvir-daoxhe4.png]

please only tag Byron in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
on stranger tides - by Bartholomeo - 11-18-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: on stranger tides - by Byron - 11-18-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: on stranger tides - by Aelfwine - 11-19-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: on stranger tides - by Bartholomeo - 11-20-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: on stranger tides - by Byron - 11-20-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: on stranger tides - by Aelfwine - 11-20-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: on stranger tides - by Bartholomeo - 11-25-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: on stranger tides - by Byron - 12-07-2016, 07:41 AM