the Rift

[OPEN] I bet on losing dogs.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

Howl, of no where.

I hold his gaze for long enough to polite before looking back into the winter wood, occasionally returning it as we share words. I’ve never been much for meeting strangers, the sort to come off awkward, on the best of days, but probably more often labeled as “the asshole,” or “that guy who punched me.”

Not all of us can be everyone’s favorite, I guess. It’s their loss, anyway.

I’m awesome.

At least this conversation is going well, so far. So, when he asks me what I know of the building, I’m kind of disappointed in myself for not really knowing a lot about it, other than that it never seems to change, seemingly enchanted to remain the same throughout time.

"It never decays, and the glass does not seem to break," I say with a roll of my shoulder, looking up at the colorful glass of the awning, "I have heard very little about it otherwise. I guess the wall in the Heart Cavern might tell you more about it. I admit I’ve spent very little time studying it."

Little did I know how much I actually would be studying that stupid wall this winter, in the weeks to come; for now, however, winter only teased with the promise of snow, gently tossing down flakes without much drive.

"Either way, this place is likely protected by one God or another," I smile, not sure why I feel so open towards this guy, other than that I spend too much time alone (or with girls), "who knows why? I’ve lived in Helovia most of my life, and many of its ways are still a mystery to me."

Such as how one land could be so very different from another, and the realms not always be wrought with war, and nefarious plots. It had certainly been less than cheerful in the Aurora Basin that I had come to know as a foal, a world restricted only to unicorns, those winged or of barren crowns cast away no sooner than they arrived. Others, less fortunate, likely lined the bed of the lake, its mirror smooth face as deceitful as those who had ruled it. This, too, was a mystery to me; how a kingdom could change, twisting, becoming something it was not in a matter of months.

I could not understand my own history. Why did anyone expect anyone else to understand the greater picture, if I can’t even see my own?

Of course, Howl hadn’t demanded a thing. He’d asked.

It’s myself I’m frustrated at, for not being…

Perfect? Wise? More than I am?

"What do you suppose its for?" I ask, finding I’d rather talk than think, and enjoy surmising the truth as much as actually knowing it.

Is why you so foolish, comments my buck from his hidden locale, always run from big thoughts.

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Howl

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
I bet on losing dogs. - by Howl - 11-19-2016, 10:17 AM
RE: I bet on losing dogs. - by Rikyn - 11-19-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: I bet on losing dogs. - by Howl - 11-20-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: I bet on losing dogs. - by Rikyn - 12-01-2016, 03:04 PM