the Rift

[PRIVATE] one way, or another

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
So, while I hadn’t expected the most sunshine laden response ever spoken, I certainly hadn’t expected the verbal lash which seeks retribution for my impudent, vocal jab. The goat-like man pivots about, his eyes full of a deep set rage that his impotent body cannot give justice, lips curled into a sneering line of inner agony that I cannot truly comprehend. His gaze bores into me, a stark, heavy glare which I stubbornly return, the height of my crown lowered none by the things he shouts, spits, and howls back at me.

He didn’t want it back? The fuck? How could you keep going every day, empty and hollow, without aim? Where the flying monkey shit did you go, then? How did you know what step to take next? If this geezer was telling me he aimlessly followed one stupid hoof after the other, motivated only by the next breath, the next meaningless pace forward, I would feel no guilt for trying to kick his teeth in all those whiles ago. If you go around doing nothing, serving nothing, it was no wonder fate delivered such disasters to you! If for no reason than to force you onto some path other than the absence of one, to drive the unwilling to serve as a pawn in the great, incomprehensible game in which we all played. My struggle against those invisible forces is not comparable to his reprehensible forfeit of the struggle all together.

Climb, you old fuck, I think to tell him. No wonder you’re miserable, dwelling at the bottom of mountain, neck deep in the shit of the world. I’d only made it to my ankles, and already the stench was making me sick.

"Don’t seem to be trying to do much of anything at all, actually," I retort, refusing to give into his apathy, mostly because it distracts me from my own, "except maybe get your ass beat half to death again. Is that the point?"

I mirror his previous phrasing, lips curving impishly up into a mocking grin, tail swaying easily behind me. Assisted suicide shouldn't be an amusing topic, but, somehow, it is...

"An end, without the shame of having given up?" chuckling, a darkly humored thing (but I’m not particularly nice, either), "sorry. I’m not your ticket out of this deal. You caught me on a bad day last time, is all. Missed opportunities, and all that."

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Albrecht

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
one way, or another - by Rikyn - 11-19-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Albrecht - 11-24-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Rikyn - 12-06-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Albrecht - 12-21-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Rikyn - 12-22-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: one way, or another - by Albrecht - 01-23-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: one way, or another - by Rikyn - 01-24-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Albrecht - 01-28-2017, 08:55 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Albrecht - 03-02-2017, 09:59 AM
RE: one way, or another - by Rikyn - 03-06-2017, 11:55 AM