the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

#sorrynotsorry @Sohalia

Tarik's dreadlocks, complete with multi-coloured beads and other things which had gradually grown into the hair, lay in a tangled assortment of long dark tendrils across his neck and back. Although his body was muscular, it was not the chiseled sort of body that one such as Gaucho might have had. Instead, Tarik's physique came from years of hard work. He had little desire to train, and so he possessed none of the lines of refinement that came from such a lifestyle. Instead, he was like a slab of muscle, unceremoniously covered by a pelt of browns, blacks, and whites. And tattoos and scars, of course.

Already time had started to slip past the viking man. Had he been here hours? Days? Weeks? Looking around at the eroded red shore that gave way to the relentless pounding on the ocean, he realized not for the first time, what an incredibly drain immortality could be. He was not especially wise, despite all the things that he had learned in his long life. When you sign up for immortality, do make sure you read the fine print. It is rarely mentioned that a prolonged life does not necessarily yield a more capable memory. The various tattoo's that marked his body were really the only way of remembering anything of any significance, and even those meanings had started to fade.

But Tarik set all of that aside for the time being, and merely inhaled the salty smell of the sea. Immortality be damned, if he could be near the water and if he was in possession of his flask, everything would be fine. And today, he happened to have both of those things. Reaching down, Tarik took a long swallow from an ornate silver flask that he carried with him. He jiggled it slightly as he set it back down, and appeared to approve of whatever it was he heard (or didn't hear). What he was doing in fact, was listening to see if the amount of liquid he had drained had made any impact at all in the total amount of liquid inside. Like Tarik, the flask was never ending as well: Tarik had eternal life, and the flask had eternal rum, and together they were happy friends. He seemed satisfied that the flask hadn't lost its magical abilities, but that didn't explain why it was he could no longer become a shark - or any of the other creatures that he once could.

Eyeing the water almost lovingly, as if it was an old wiley friend, Tarik snorted good humouredly. He would figure it out.

He had time, after all.

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west,
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking.

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM