the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

@Sohalia

If he sensed her unease around him, he didn't act as though he did. Or perhaps it was precisely because he did notice it, that he acted as though he didn't. Regardless, the sunlight sparkled relentlessly in his eyes as it did on the sea, highlighting the laughter that lived there.

At her question, he shrugged his shoulders carelessly and offered her an easy smile. "I suppose that all depends what the job is." He replied, offering her a wink to clearly underscore the unspoken implications of his answer, and laughed to himself. Pulling his eyes away from her, he took another drink from his flask as she asked him about it.

Lowering it from his lips, he turned his bearded skull around to dry his lips upon his tattooed shoulder. "Would you like to see for yourself?" He held the flask out towards her, but made no actual motion to move himself closer. Like with some sort of wild creature, he could coax all he liked, but the decision to approach was left up to her. The flask was a very pretty thing, actually. The engravings on it were intricate and clearly nautical-themed. It was well worn, and might have had an inscription on it at one time or another. "I assure you it's quite harmless." He continued, thinking that perhaps she would think it was a poison. As a poison it was harmless...as something else... well.. "Well-" He continued, now voicing his thoughts out loud. "Harmless in reasonable quantities, shall we say. Given your size-" Now his eyes appraised her like like a doctor's hands might - feeling their way over the curves of her body almost roughly. Whatever flirtatiousness might have been present in his eyes when they had first met was gone now, and he genuinely appeared to be studying her, as if for a purpose.

And he was. Alcohol poisoning was no joke. That, and he already had one wench to clean up after when she drank too much. He didn't need another. (Well....). "A few swallows won't do you in." He concluded, his gaze resuming its amicable shine and leaving her body alone, for the moment.

"It's the finest rum this side of the black sea."

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west,
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking.

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 03:28 PM