the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

Something about his immortality made it harder for Tarik to get drunk - specifically, he had to drink a good deal more in a shorter time frame in order to achieve the desired effect on his body. As Sohalia took his own flask from him, he could only stand mystified for a moment. Because of its endless bottom, he wasn't opposed to sharing. Sohalia just hadn't immediately struck him as the sort of mare to take things which were not hers, or to take them without asking.

Though the thought ran in-congruently with the mental picture he was beginning to paint of the pale lady, unsurprisingly he rather found that he liked it. But maybe that was the rum talking. Tarik liked just about everyone more, the more alcohol he had in his system. Earlier, the stallion had put her at about 8 drinks until she was ... fully inebriated shall we say. Tarik had a scale for drunkness when it came to women, a sliding scale that went from "omg are we bffs?" to singing their favourite songs and encouraging you to dance, to offers of .. well, you know, and then finally that deadly line where horse play turns into screaming and angry. Tarik rarely let women drink enough to push themselves into that hateful place, but if Sohalia was just going to help herself perhaps he'd have to be a bit more watchful.

He met her gaze as she drank, cocking a brow and giving her an approving nod. Clearly he was impressed; he, the newcomer here, impressed to see the pristine dove allowing herself to come down to his level.

As she spoke, Tarik rocked back on his heels (subtly pulling away from her. Would she bridge the space, whether consciously or unconsciously?). That she had never seen anything like this here (The Dragon's Throat, or Helovia?) made the stallion curious. He'd never been on a dry continent before, and he wasn't sure that he liked the thought of it.

Another drink, and she was asking him about who he was. "I don't believe I said." He answered mysteriously, and though he was clearly withholding the information intentionally, the amused glisten was still present in his eyes. He bore the weight of her eyes easily, though unlike some stallions, he didn't bother to flex, or shift to show off one side of himself over the other. Tarik who had never been self-conscious, had also never tried to be something other than exactly what he was.

"That-" He said, taking the flask back from her and drinking enough which should have emptied its contents, "-is a tattoo. Or have you never seen those before, either?" A joke. He hoped. "It is a vegvísir>" He answered, his accent easily rolling over the strange vowel sounds. "It is like a guide." Tarik concluded, his eyes focused upon her, rather than darting down to the tattoo that marked his shoulder.

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west,
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking.

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 05:45 PM