the Rift

[PRIVATE] & she's buying a stairway to heaven

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

Without wings to catch her, the best the viking man could do was allow his shoulder to yield willingly as she fell towards him. The mare weighed almost nothing, though perhaps that was only because he was used to more amply built mares, like Huldra. To her credit, Huldra had not a single hard edge to her name. Even her muscles were rather round, despite how defined they were. She'd elbowed and knocked into him a fair amount, and yet somehow this petite dove falling against him caused him to wince in a way Huldra's never had. Something slide between his ribs and Tarik had to bite down on the grumble of pain that wanted to leave his lips. But it hardly mattered in the big scheme of things. As her wing draped over his back, he allowed that side of himself to remain slightly lower. Given that he was taller, it seemed only polite. Had he stood jerkily up, she would likely have lost her balance all over again and who knows where she would end up falling.

"Lucky for both of us." He agreed, looking down into her face which seemed to have softened considerably - and likely not just because of her near-fall.

As she pulled away, Tarik noticed just how small she truly was. And the thought made his mind race to all sorts of possibilities, whether he wanted to actively think of them or not. Still, the smile on his face was not one of sexual desire, or aggressor. Instead, his eyes remained kind, and his muscles taut, lest she need someone to appear at her side to steady her again.

Tarik offered a non-committal shrug of his shoulders as she insisted that he'd eventually have to give up more of his history. He chuckled as she tried to pronounce the word - Icelandic was not the easiest to parse, he had to admit - and so he didn't bother to try and correct her pronunciation. Besides, the way she tried to force her lips and tongue to form the word (but he could help her position them, couldn't he?), was adorable. He would watch her struggle as long as she would continue to try. "Maybe that is true. But even though you are quite small, I don't think I could carry you around with me quite so easily. Then again.." He paused thoughtfully, eyeing the slightly unbalanced mare with a keen smile. "Having a vegvísir which could talk would be a great help indeed."

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west,
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking.

Messages In This Thread
& she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: & she's buying a stairway to heaven - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 06:40 PM