the Rift

memories of dying days [open]

Ariadne Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Val
three. unicorn. grey. ram horns. cloven hooves.
fifteen-one hands. homeless, loverless, childless.

Ariadne had never had many encounters with pegasi before - they were an elusive bunch back home, preferring to keep to themselves rather than coalesce with any particular herd. She had only ever caught fleeting glimpses of them as they soared above the canopies of the wildwood she had called home, or as they disappeared over the horizon during sunset after a clear day. Her mother had told her once not to envy them - although as a child, Ariadne found it difficult. She had so longed to fly with them above the clouds and experience the type of freedom that would surely taste so sweet. To feel weightless, she thought, must be the best thing in the world, and for many months she had longed for nothing more. But alas, she had outgrown her childish dreams in favor of more practical realities.

So when a little pegasus mare seemed to appear out of nowhere, readily offering her assistance, Ariadne was perplexed. Feeling dumbstruck, she simply followed the winged girl to the nearest source of water. The sound of the bubbling stream was enough to remind her of her profound thirst - she quickly became far too aware of the dry tightness in her throat. I am so grateful, she thought, but the words never left her mouth - she was too preoccupied with taking long, deep gulps of the frigid water. She had never tasted anything so sweet, the liquid sating the gnawing thirst and the emptiness in her belly, at least for the time being.

By the time she had finished, the butterfly-winged mare began speaking again, and Ariadne turned her amber eyes towards the taller girl. Helovia? She had heard of this place, but only in passing. She'd never had the desire to visit, but it seemed she had no choice now - she was here, and the likely scenario was she was not leaving anytime soon. "Thank you for your kindness, Myrrine. I appreciate it. My name is- oh!"

Startled by the sudden appearance of a small... goat?... Ariadne took several quick steps back, looking down at the happy little creature that had quickly taken a liking to Myrrine's delicate wings. "Capro, leave them alone! Come here now!" an unfamiliar voice rang out through the cool silence, accompanied by the sound of crunching snow beneath hooves. It seemed, Ariadne mused, they had another visitor! The bubble of hope and relief within her chest blossomed, a smile working its way onto her delicate features. "It is no bother, miss Eldala. He is very cute. He is your pet?" Back home having small animals as pets or companions was not a rarity, although Ariadne had never kept one herself.

"Do you need a healer, ma'am?" Eldala addressed her, and once again the amber-eyed woman opened her mouth to speak when another voice interrupted. This time a male voice, strong, with a beautiful accent not dissimilar to her own. Its timbre was rich and warm, and the speckled girl found herself curious to know if its owner was as beautiful. Finally he appeared to them through the shrubbery, his rich golden coat standing out against the stark white of fresh winter snow. Ariadne allowed her gaze to sweep over him several times, from the tips of his antlers to the long flaxen tail that trailed along the ground behind him. He was an impressive man, she noted, and his presence, like the others, was a great comfort to her.

Murmuring her thanks for the handsome cloak he offered her, Ariadne shook her head - so many questions, yet she had been unable to answer them. Perhaps this time she would not get interrupted by another stranger joining their little get-together.

"No, I-I don't think so. My head just hurts." She winced as the throbbing pain behind her eyes returned, the sound of blood rushing through her ears filling the still silence of the wintry forest. The doctors back home, she remembered, had often given out tinctures of feverfew and butterbur to help relieve headaches. She wondered if they had the same kinds of herbs and plants here - everything here seemed... different.

"My name is Ariadne. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm sorry if I seem out of sorts. I just woke up and... I'm frankly not quite sure how I got here." She casted her eyes downwards, to the bubbling stream at her hooves, at the reflection of a young pretty-faced mare peering back up at her. She was relieved to see that nothing had changed about her - at least not physically. But still so many questions remained unanswered, and Ariadne worried that she would not find the answers she needed.

((ooc: for anyone wondering, Ariadne's voice is english actress Sophia Myles :3 also sorry for the less-than-ideal post, it's approaching 1am here as I post this and I am exhausted!))

@Myrrine @Tilney @Eldala

Messages In This Thread
memories of dying days [open] - by Ariadne - 11-19-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Myrrine - 11-19-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Eldala - 11-22-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Tilney - 11-24-2016, 01:28 AM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Ariadne - 11-25-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Myrrine - 11-25-2016, 10:59 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Eldala - 11-26-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Tilney - 11-26-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Ariadne - 11-26-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: memories of dying days [open] - by Myrrine - 11-27-2016, 01:52 PM